Chapter 11

• Karen •

I woke up to everyone still fast asleep. I looked on my phone and saw I had no notifications so, I went on Instagram and liked a few posts I was tagged in and shared some on my story. I was interrupted by Maya shifting her head on my shoulder. When she did cease her movement, I continued to look on Instagram before I was notified by James that we were going to land soon.

That gave me time to wake the kids up. I decided to wake up J Drew first since he was the hardest to get up.

"J Drew I made some Mac and cheese!" I lightly hollered.

"I'm up" He jumped up quickly, looking around for the food only to notice there was none. I then woke up the girls.

"My sweet little Angel doves, you have to get up. We're about to land" I softly spoke to them. They slowly started to wake up.

"Why they ain't get yelled at?" J Drew asked.

"One, they don't give me problems like you do J Drew. And two, they're not heavy sleepers like you are," I explained. He just kissed his teeth and sat back.

Later on, the announcement of our landing came and I could tell everyone was ready to get off the plane because J Drew and Kierra were going at it and Maya was laughing at anything and everything. I don't know what's wrong but I know is we better get home...fast.

"Drew stoppp" Kierra whined. I slapped him upside his head.

"Ow ma" he rubbed the back of his head

"J Drew you are too old to be bothering your sister like you are 5 years old" I told him. Maya began laughing again.

"Maya sweetheart, are you okay?" She shook her head no.

"I think we can tell" j Drew replied. I smacked him upside his head again.

"That hurt my feelings. I want an apology." Maya demanded. He told her "no".

Maya dug her nails into j Drew's arm causing him to cry out.

"Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry" he cried out. Maya let go of his arm.

"Mhmm that's what I thought" J Drew mean-mugged her.

We eventually landed and carefully got off of the plane. Ray was outside waiting with the limo. He grabbed our bags and we thanked him before we got in and took our seat.

Once we made it to my house, I noticed that Maya was in complete awe of how the house was.

Ray helped us with our bags and we thank him once more before we went into the house. Maya's mouth dropped.

"Your house sooo pretty" she said as she looked around.

"Thank you. Now do you want to go to your room?" She nodded her head.

"You have a elevator too?!" She asked. I chuckled a bit as I nodded my head.

Maya

My room is sooo nice. It has a mini fridge, a projector, a couch, a walk-in closet, it even has a bathroom! It was so beautiful, I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Sweetheart, why are you crying" Ms Karen asked.

"This is just so beautiful" I said wiping my tears.

"Aww I'm glad you love it" she kissed my forehead before exiting the room giving me time to get settled in.

I went to take a look in the closet to just to find clothes already in here. I looked in the drawer to find some pajamas to wear. I grabbed the pajamas with cheetah print and headed to the shower. I began stripping out of my clothes when I totally forgot that I have this bandage wrapped around me, but I remember Grace gave me bandage wrap, so I grabbed the bath robe that was in the bathroom, and went back to my room to grab the bandage wrap.

I got in the shower and enjoyed the time I was in there. Once I got out, I myself off and put on my undergarments before I tried to put the bandage wrap on myself, but that turned out to be a disaster, so I yelled for Grace to help me.

She came and helped me with the bandage and I finished getting dressed before I went downstairs to see what everyone was doing. Kiki and J Drew were sitting, watching "The amazing world of gumball" and Ms Karen was in the kitchen sipping her water. I decided to join them. I sat down on the couch and started watching the show with them.

"I'm just gonna order out. What y'all want" Ms K said.

"Can we get some Chinese?" Kierra suggested. Me and j drew agreed. Ms Karen nodded her head before she went on her phone to order the food.

"Maya" I heard Ms Karen call my name. I went to the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am?" I responded.

"Tomorrow I'm taking you shopping to let you get a few things that you want" she told me.

"Really?" I asked with a smile creeping on my face. She nodded her head as I squealed.

"Thank you so much, Ms Karen" I jumped up and down as I gave Ms K a hug.

"Your welcome babygirl" she said before releasing me from the hug.

I went back into the common area with Kierra and J Drew. The episode was just about finished when the doorbell rang. Ms K went to answer the door and she came back with the food. Kiki and J Drew left to go to the dining room and I followed.

We said grace before we began digging in.

"So I talked to Drew today" Ms Karen started but was cut of by J Drew.

"For real? What did he say" he asked. "When is he coming back?" Kierra asked.

"Well he said he misses us very much and looking forward to meeting Maya. He also said he would be home in a couple months." She said causing a smile to come along our faces.

"I can't wait for daddy to come home. He just don't know" Kierra playfully rolled her eyes.

"I can't wait either cus I know once he gets home, we are taking us a vacation." Ms k said.

"Eww y'all nasty" kierra and j Drew said. My face started to cringe as I began realizing what she meant.

"What? When you get my age, you will understand" she stated.

As we finished up our food, I decided to go up to my room and watch a movie but before the movie was half way through, I was out.