Chapter 1

(An- in this fic, Laufey isn't an arsehole and gets along with Odin. He has no idea that Loki is his son, and thought that he was taken and killed centuries ago. Loki did not attempt world domination, and is acquaintaned, but not entirely friends, with the Avengers. )

I sat in the throne next to my father. We had just been informed that we were to go to Asgard, where the annual royal ball will be held. I have not yet been to the golden realm, not with my father's knowledge atleast, but my father has told me plenty of it.

I dressed in an everest green ball gown, with small bits of white ice around the waist. Black and emerald stilettos, with a sliver serpent leading up the heel. My long black hair, that had recently been coloured with a green fade down, was wavey and had a silver and emerald tiara resting ontop.

I also had concealed a dagger behind a hidden slit in my gown, just incase.

The Royal ball is strictly for the Royal families in seven of the nine realms

The Royal ball is strictly for the Royal families in seven of the nine realms. Hel, and Svartalfheim, royalty are not invited. The Dark Elves for obvious reasons, and Hel... The Queen of that realm and Odin do not exactly see eye to eye.

I have never been to the ball before. My father was too worried something would happen to me. He told me that he once had a son, but he was taken and most likely killed, centuries ago. He's worried that the same shall happen to me.

But I managed to convince him this time. The deal was that I carried a weapon. I was going to do that anyway, but he did not need to know that.

It was requested that we appear not in our Jotun forms, so I used magic to make us look normal. I kept my black hair, but instead of crimson, my eyes were green, like my dress. And my skin was pale.

Unlike my father, I possesed magic. It was the reason I was slightly shorter than other Jotuns. The sorcerers/sorceresses were smaller than the warriors. Obviously this hadn't stopped me from fighting. I'm fairly good at it, too.

We stood in an open clearing, arms linked, as I used sorcery to take us to Asgard. I would have used the tunnels, but then I would have to explain how I knew of them. That is not a conversation I wish to have.

My father had the same pale skin, but blue eyes and kept his...questionable...hair style.

We arrived in the golden dome, and were greeted by the gatekeeper, Heimdall. "King Laufey, Princess Lola. It is a pleasure to meet the both of you." He nodded in respect, which we returned, then we started walking to the Palace.

..........

We stepped into the ballroom and walked to greet the Allfather and Queen. I curtesied while my father bowed slightly.

Halfway through the ball, I told my father I was going to find a restroom. Although, I didn't really need it. I just needed to get away from the overcrowded hall.