Chapter 10

Catch-up

I swiftly left the room to go prepare for the bloodbath that is about to take place in Norway.

Present

I was sat on a sofa sharpening my blades, cleaning my whip, and making sure my magic is up to standard, while staying in my ritual gear. It is more comfortable for the use of sorcery.

They took my brother.

They aren't going to make it out of this fight alive.

The Midgardians soon fell into the room, all dressed in odd armour. Steve was wearing this...onesie. As was Peter. Bizarre choice of clothing to wear to a fight, but each to themselves, I suppose.

I stood up as Thor stormed in, meaning that everyone was ready for the short trip ahead. We all filed onto this flying metal can. Another Midgardian contraption that I do not like.

I kept a straight, yet angry, expression the entire ride, and only conversed with those who spoke to me, first. And that was very few people. Thor, Wanda, and Pietro were the only ones brave enough to even glance my way.

I was livid, and had no intentions of hiding it.

They fucked with the wrong sorceress.

..........

Thankfully, after an hour-or-so of being in the contraption that Clint called a 'Quinjet', we landed directly outside the base.

The Norn Stone around my neck was glowing brighter than ever, as if it sensed the amount of magic I was preparing to use. The door opened and I was the first one to move out.

There was this dusty-sand flying around from the Quinjet's landing, making the blast of green energy I sent towards some mortal glow like the the stone around my neck. One after the other, they all kept coming at me.

After there were no more pathetic mortals thinking they could kill me, I turned around and saw the team still on the Quinjet looking at me, wide-eyed in shock. I sighed through my nose as they cautiously filed down the ramp and avoided the, now, dead bodies of the pathetic mortals.

Tony was in his shiny red and gold metal thing and led the way into the base.

..........

We found Loki.

Correction, I found Loki. The others were scattered across this tatty building.

Loki was covered in bruises, cuts, and gashes. But that wasn't the worst part. He was tied up with cuffs that had Nordic runes on them, that would slowly drain his powers until his death. Even that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part?

His lips.

His lips had been sewn together, like some Medieval torture method. He looked so weak as he had been cuffed to a damp wall, just dangling as his limp body was trying to fall to the ground. The only reason he was still up right was due to the power-draining cuffs around his wrists.

I sent a telepathic message to Thor, telling him to get to where I am, and that I've found Loki, but need help to move him.

Barely two minutes later, Thor was crashing through the doorway with Mjolnir in hand. He was, almost, as furious as I was. He looked around until his eyes landed on Loki and I. I was in the middle of trying to remove the cuffs without touching them, so I was thankful when a non-magic user was infront of me.

Thor's nostrils flared and his grip on Mjolnir tightened as he ran towards us.

"I need you to draw this symbol here, it will unlock it." I commanded him as i used magic to project an illusion of the needed symbol.

"Why can't you do it?"

"It will drain my powers, the same way it is currently draining Loki. Now draw the damn symbol!" I snapped at his quizzical personality and handed him the tool.

He cautiously took them and started to draw the symbol onto both cuffs

He was about half way done when the door burst open, revealing more pathetic mortals who think themselves capable of killing two gods and a pissed off goddess.

Imbeciles.

With a quick gush of magic, three were left without a head, and the other four were somehow missing limbs. Oops. The four bleed out as they screamed bloody murder. It was like music to my ears. The eighth mortal, however, was not very mortal at all. I didn't realise that until it was too late.

He grabbed my forearm and it was like no physical pain I have ever felt before. Even child birth wasn't this bad. My screams of agony ricocheted off the walls.

A fire giant.

He let go only when Mjolnir was thrown at his head, crushing half his scull.

The nearly black handprint on my arm had steam rising off of it as it sizzled slightly. My forearm was flickering between forms as Thor held an unconscious Loki in his own arms and ran over to me to ensure that I wasn't too severely hurt. I told him I was fine and to get Loki out of here before he had a chance to fret over my own safety.

He did as I said and used another type of Midgardian device to tell the team that we have Loki, and they need to leave the base as soon as possible.

On the Quinjet, Loki had been layed down on a medical bed and I had some herbs out that would help him heal.

Healing magic was never my forte, but I know herbs that can help heal an individual quicker and the team crowded around me as I got to work, curious to see exactly what I could do.

After I bandaged his body, I moved onto his mouth. I took a fine pair of nail scissors and slowly cut along the thread, careful to not graze his lip. I used a pair of tweezers to gently remove the thread from his lips, and used magic to seal the wounds until i find a proper remedy from my kit back at the tower.

..........

"Heart rate is dropping!" Bruce yelled from Loki's side, thirty minutes later, as the odd machine my brother was hooked up to started beeping. I was there in an instant.

I put my hands on his chest and started pulsating my magic through his body. He isn't dying today. He can't die today. Not when I've just figured out how to raise the dead.

I could bring his children back.

He can't die today...

An- And there's chapter 10. What do you think will happen to Loki? Do you think he will survive? Do you think Lola can really bring Narfi and Vali back from the dead? Will they finally get to be a happy family? Guess you will have to wait to find out.

Till next time,

Xo
    -Kat