Chapter 19

Catch-up

I huffed a chuckle and stood up, giving myself a second to find my balance. I walked out and sat on his sofa with my back to the armrest and my side snuggled into the corner. I pulled my knees to my chest and slowly found myself drifting off to sleep.

Present

"Is she alright?" I heard my father say.

"She will be. She has exhausted herself. She will wake up shortly." Loki answered him.

I could tell there was still unspoken tension between the two, they both had questions they wanted answers to, but were both too stubborn to ask.

"Yous are both children. I can practically smell the apprehension between the two of you. Ask your questions and get it over with. I would like to go home soon so I can show my children the life they should have had. Father, why don't you do the same. Loki, stop being stubborn and ask the questions that are nagging at your conscious, we both know I can't answer them all." I said as I slowly woke up.

"Only if you tell us the price of the magic you used to bring Narfi and Vali back."

"You know that we can't open the book without your permission. Just say what the price was, Lita." My father added after Loki.

"The book shocked me." Loki jokingly pouted and we laughed.

"It was nothing I couldn't pay." I said once again.

"Lolita." My father warned.

"Loki, stop trying to get into my head. It hurts." I deadpanned to my brother. He sighed and sat down.

"Lita, please just tell us." My father pleaded. He never pleads.

"My fertility." I quietly grumbled.

"What?" Apparently I grumbled too quietly.

"My fertility. " I said abit louder. I didn't want anyone to know, especially my family.

My father looked shocked, and Loki looked almost guilty.

"Why?" Loki's voice broke.

"I could bring them back. It was a small price for you to have your young safely in your arms once more." I smiled.

He stood up and hugged me.

"There has to be a way to reverse it." Loki thought out loud.

"There isn't. It was a dark spell in a book passed through generations not once has there been any mentions of a way to reverse its encantations." My father replied.

"Don't looked so shocked, Lola. Being married to your mother means you learn a few things on magic." Father added as he rolled his eyes at my surprised face on his knowledge of magic.

"If you can bring people back from death, why haven't you done the same thing for her?" Loki asked, referring to our mother, who he still doesn't know what to call.

"It would require a sacrifice. I wouldn't do that, nor would my mother want me to." I answered. He nodded his head in understanding, also agreeing that doing such would be wrong and selfish.

An alarm suddenly started blaring throughout the palace.

"What's that!" I asked Loki.

"There has been a breech in the dungeons." His voice was rushed as he ran out of his chambers and materialised his armour.

I followed his lead and used magic to change into my armour.

(Imagine the gold is silver)

I only just now realised the similarities in Loki's armour and my own. I ignored it and followed him.

My father was already dressed in his armour as he was born a warrior. We made it to the throne room, and I was getting major deja-vu with the locked door.

Just like last time, I used magic to override the spells placed on them. We walked in and Malekith had broken free and was attacking the Queen. He had caught her by surprise, and she hadn't been able to prepare.

I heard Loki's sharp intake of air and he was paralysed in shock. I didn't hesitate to run into the chaos. I thrive off of it.

Literally.

The more chaos I'm involved in, the more energy I obtain. Malekith had stabbed the Queen's thigh, near her artery or straight through it. It was hard to tell due to her dress.

I ripped Malekith off of the Queen and straight into my father's arms, where he had him pinned. I instantly fell to my knees beside Frigga and started to heal her. Her paling face soon had more colour in it.

I heard my father's pained yell, Malekith had stabbed him. I only realised that after I felt his sword embed itself into my back and right through my stomach.

"Lola!" My father yelled. He ran to me, snapping Malekith's neck somewhere along the way.

I fell to the floor, my breathing laboured, as I clutched my stomach, where Malekith's blade poked through the skin. I knew I wouldn't make it. It didn't take a genius to figure that out.

My father knelt at my side and lifted my head onto his lap while muttering things in our native language. I heard Loki yell something, but my ears were fuzzy and ringing.

People ran into the room, some with boxes some with equipment I don't recognise, the last thing I saw was my father's tear-stained face as the world around me faded into darkness.

There was no pain in the dark, and I briefly wondered if I was dead. "No, my child. You are not dead. Atleast, not yet." A soft, familiar voice said as she read my thoughts.

"Mima?" I whispered as I turned around and saw my mother. She warmly smiled and opened her arms.

I ran into them like a child who had a nightmare. "Oh, my little girl. I'm so, so, proud of you. But you need to fight. You can't stay here, it isn't your time. You need to fight it, Lola."

"I can't, Mima. I'm tired. I don't have the energy to fight. Not anymore. I don't want to not be able to see you." I whimpered.

I felt myself start to ground here much stronger than I was before.

"No, Lolita. You have to fight. It is not your time."

"I don't want to, Mima. I like it here."

An- This is not the end! There will be more chapters! But will she stay dead? What about that resurrection spell? Only Wanda can open that book if Lola stays dead. Don't forget to vote and comment what you think.

Till next time,

Xo
   -Kat