Chapter 4: Making Right & Wrong (L)

~ADAM'S POV~

Sasha and I were driving to SmackDown in our usual way. Jokingly flirting, having a few laughs, same as usual, you know? I know you haven't actually followed us as we went to SmackDown yet, but it's exactly as you think.

"So, how do you think it'll go at SmackDown tonight, stud?" Sasha asked me with a little nudge, as I was the one driving. I smirked a little and thought for a second.

"Well, I dunno, to be honest. I could have a breakout moment, I could get injured. Hell, I could die. But I know one thing at least." I told her, still smirking. She was a little confused though, tilting her head and leaning back in her leather car seat.

"Oh? What's that?" She asked me, letting her confusion show in her tone. I smiled a little as we pulled into the arena for the show, so I gave her a quick look.

"One way or another, I'm gonna have some fun tonight. Whether it's in the ring, or in a lucky lady's bed, I'm gonna have fun." I told her with a grin and a wink. She giggled a little and put her hand on my thigh, as I looked back at the road in front of me, to make sure I didn't crash into any parked cars.

"Maybe it can be my bed, huh? I'm sure you'd break it with how hard you'd fuck me~" She flirted, which I obviously took as a joke. I laughed at that and shook my head, looking for a park.

As I was though, I couldn't help but notice none other than Charlotte pacing around, hand to her face, moving quickly.

I'd seen that pace a thousand and one times when we were dating, so I knew exactly what it meant. She was stressing over something in her head, and I knew how to fix it.

"Huh? What's up with her?" Sasha asked curiously, but with a grin, right as I pulled into the park right in front of where my ex-girlfriend was pacing.

"I'm about to find out." I told her as I got out of the car. As soon as I opened the door, Charlotte looked over, and when she saw it was me, she rushed over as I closed the car door.

"Oh, Adam." She pleaded out loud as she rushed over, arms spread out. I immediately walked over to her and hugged her, as she held her head to my shoulder with her arms around me.

"Hey hey...come on...what's going on?" I asked her, reaching one of my hands up to stroke her long blonde hair. Her breath hitched as I did it, so I could tell she was close to crying.

All I could realistically do for the time being was just hold her, stroke her hair and kiss her head a little, and apart from those comforting things, letting her calm down on her own.

We stood there for about a minute, before she sniffled a little, cleared her throat, and pulled away from me, staring down at her feet.

"S...sorry Adam...that was..." She trailed off, so I stepped closer to her and caressed her arm a little, which made her look up at me through her bloodshot eyes.

"Don't apologise for that, it's fine...now...you wanna tell me what's wrong?" I asked her softly, just smiling a little, as she wiped her eyes a little bit.

"I...I made her mad again...she...she was really mad..." She told me, as a couple more tears fell from her eyes. She immediately wiped them, so I reached up and cupped her cheek with a smile.

"Start from the start baby...I'll listen to every word..." I told her softly again, still smiling. She cleared her throat and leaned her head into my hand a little, closing her eyes.

"I...I left my underwear in Bayley's car again...she....she really hates that...a-and...we just argued all the way to the show tonight...I-I was just trying to match how angry she was, and we both just...walked away from each other as soon as she parked..." She explained the situation to me, as I kept my hand on her cheek. I stroked her cheekbone with my thumb a few times, which seemed to help her calm down a fair bit, despite her shaky voice.