Chapter 9: Not Enough (L)

~BAYLEY'S POV~

A few days after that SmackDown, we were all in our apartment for the night. We made it to the city the show was in early, because Adam just...didn't sleep that night, so here we were.

Adam was cooking us all dinner in the kitchen, just humming a little tune as he did. I could recognize it as Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. It was a popular song, recognizable at least.

Charlotte was right by his side, helping him cook, and humming the same time. Every now and then, she'd playfully do something with him, like getting sauce on her finger and poking his cheek, or bumping his hip with her own, simple stuff. I don't know if the song had any sort of special meaning to them, but...considering Adam's tattoo and...what Seth theorized on SmackDown...there's every chance...

Sasha was roaming around the apartment in her bra and panties, just casually walking around with a smile, checking out the place. Her being so...underdressed bothered me, but I let it go, because...that's who she's always been.

And...Me...I was sitting on the couch, staring right at Adam cooking. What I did to him was really plaguing my mind, breaking me down.

I mean, I made him break down in tears, and even back up at the touch of the woman he supposedly always loved. Not to mention, it was possible he was an abuse victim, and I did that to him. No wonder I was stressed.

I kept staring at him, thinking about what I had done to him while he kept laughing, humming and cooking with Flair.

Sasha seemed to notice my internal strife, because she walked over to the couch and jumped onto the seat beside me, making me jump. I looked at her straight away, confused as to what she wanted, but she just smiled, putting her arm on the backrest and sort of facing me.

"What's up Bay?" She asked me with a head tilt, keeping the smile on her face as she spoke. I pretended to be confused by her question, even though I knew exactly what she was asking about. I furrowed my brows and shifted away from her a little, even crossing my arms under my chest.

"...what do you mean?" I asked her, shaking my head as I asked, still pretending like I didn't understand. She cocked an eyebrow up, so I knew my attempts were fruitless.

"Please, you're staring at Adam like a dog who shit on the carpet. Come on, tell me what's wrong." She told me this time, still smiling. I stared into her eyes, and I could see she wasn't going to waver...unfortunately, neither was I.

"...nothing's bothering me Sash. Just wondering what they're cooking, that's all." I explained to her, putting everything I had behind it. She smirked though, so I knew I was fucked.

"Come on Bay, you know I can tell when you're sad AND when you're lying. So spill. What's eatin' ya?" She asked me one more time, so I gave up. I knew that if I lied again, she would catch me, so what's the point in trying? She could see something was wrong, and Adam couldn't hear us, so...

"...Fine...I...What I did to Adam is bothering me." I told her in an annoyed tone, not wanting to admit what it was. She chuckled a little, so I shook my head.

"Go on." She told me, so I looked back at her with an angrier look. I groaned, rubbed my face, and was tempted to shout, but Adam was in the same room, so I stopped myself.

"...After I caused him that panic attack, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. And even when I do, I'm reminded of it just by fucking seeing him there in front of me, laughing and smiling. No matter what I do, that attack keeps replaying in my mind, and I don't understand what it means, or what I can do about it." I explained as calmly as I possibly could to her, which still felt hostile, at least to me. Sasha laughed a little bit, so I just kept staring at her, just waiting for her comment.