Chapter 6: Welcome to the Big Time (L)

~BECKY'S POV~

I woke up at about...4am again, just like in the last chapter, but this time, what woke me up with the faint sound of a gasp and heavy breathing.

I squirmed a little at being woken up like that, even whimpering a little, before slowly sitting up on the spot.

I rubbed my face a bit and listened, still hearing the heavy, labored breaths. I looked to my side, thinking it might be coming from Seth in my tired state. Strangely though, he was still fast asleep. I even looked to Roux, and she was still asleep as well.

Which...left one person...

I furrowed my brows and stared at the bedroom door. The breathing slowed down, so I stood up out of the bed. I grabbed my shirt and my pants off the floor and got dressed as quick as I could, wanting to check on Adam.

As soon as I was fully dressed, I grabbed my phone and walked over to the bedroom door, and pushed it open as quickly as I could without making too much noise.

When I got out the door and closed it behind me, I turned on the flashlight of my phone again, to quickly see if Adam was okay.

The whole room lit up when the flashlight turned on...but so did Adam.

The light bounced off his sweat-ridden upper body as soon as it turned on. He wasn't wearing a shirt, it was sitting on the floor near his feet, as he was holding his head, hunched forward, still just breathing heavily.

"...Adam?" I asked in my concern, which made him jump. His eyes shot to me with a look that reminded me of his look after Sasha's attack at SmackDown. Like a deer in headlights.

"Whoa whoa, are you alright?" I asked, still pointing the flashlight at him. He didn't even move though, so I pointed the flashlight away from him and started rushing towards the light switch.

I heard him stammer a little as I walked towards the light, but I didn't listen to him. I turned the flashlight off, knowing I was on track for the switch, and just held the device to my side.

I switched the light on, and immediately, I heard Adam hiss in pain a little, so I looked over, thinking he was hurt at first. Luckily, he was more just trying to adjust to the sudden light in his eyes, so I let out a sigh of relief.

I slowly walked over to the couch, giving him enough time to adjust to the light. When I got there, he lowered his arm, putting his hand on his thigh and just looking...almost upset, like he got caught doing something he shouldn't be.

Seeing he'd adjusted, I put my phone on the table beside the couch and sat down by him, just watching him and making sure he was alright for a moment. He was still sweating, and...I must admit, I had to look at his glistening body. I mean...what straight woman wouldn't look at the shining abs and sparkling pecs...

"...now...what's wrong?" I asked him, looking away from his stunning body and back up to his face. He closed his eyes and turned his head away from me a little. I noticed a little shake in his shoulders, which confused me a bit.

"...nothing..." He almost whispered to me, so I immediately shifted on the spot and faced him, leaning my arm over the back of the couch. I could tell it was a lie without even needing to hear what he said: The fact his eyes were closed, and he wasn't even 'looking' at me really tipped me off that it was a lie.

"I'm just trying to help, Adam. Come on, what's wrong?" I asked him, almost snapping at him. He seemed to wince at that, which surprised me a little bit. I knew snapping at him could only result in him hiding even more into himself, so...I remembered what he said last week,