Seven

"You took my knife!" Aria rolled her eyes

"You took my knife!" Aria rolled her eyes. Cato was harassing District 6's male Tribute because he supposedly took his knife. Everybody in their right mind wouldn't dare to put Cato on his bad side. She didn't like the guy, but knew how lethal he was. She chuckled when she saw Rue, District 11 female's Tribute, playing with the knife.

Aria was annoyed. She tried to identify the different type of vegetables. She couldn't understand the difference, everything was green. District 8 wasn't the best example of nature.

Industries were the district's greatest economic. This meant that air pollution did nothing to help trees and plants to grow. It was very rare to see a flower. Aria had only seen flowers a few times, most of the time she saw them in old books used in school. The young Tribute was really discouraged, she already felt her death had come. She was sure to get killed eating an unfamiliar plant and be among the statistics the trainer had talked about on the first day. One thing was sure, the girl from District 5 wasn't going to get killed by a plant. She was a genius.

The trainer called them for their group assessment. The careers succeed every obstacle without any wrong movement. They were laughing about the others who never trained to go in an arena and kill. Aria felt sick. How could they be so cruel? Jacob did the majority without difficulty, but the hand to hand fight was unsuccessful. She gave him a smile.

"You did a good job."

The turn of Aria came. Everything went great until she lost her balance and fell hard on the ground. The careers laughed and she gave them a death stare. She hated when people were making fun of her. The hand to hand fight was the last assessment.

A trainer, male in his early 20, gave the first punch in her stomach. She wasn't ready, pain infuriated her as she benched herself to hit his ankle. She gave enough strength to make him fell to the ground in pain. He step forward to hit her again, however, the redhead took this opening to hit his stomach. He benched forward and at this moment she knew she had win the battle. She hit his back neck with her elbow and use her other hand to punch him on the jaw. He poorly fell on the floor.

Do you know the butterfly effect? Every action had a consequence. People knew she wasn't a little girl who didn't know how to fight from District 8 anymore. She was now a new threat like the careers were. Aria bit her lip.

"You can go back on the line, you finish your assessment." The lead trainer said. It took her a moment to realize she was talking about her and did what told.

The rest of the assessment went normally with sometimes fall, but nothing more. Once finished, they returned to their own training. She didn't know what to do, all the better sections were already taken.

The girl from District 7 was trying to suture a fake injury with difficulty. Aria directed herself to the girl. She needed allies.

"You need to relax your arms. They are too tense to make good sutures." The girl jumped in fear. "Sorry."