Eleven

"Aria, Aria wake up." Rue said, agitated.

"I saw something, well more someone. Katniss, she's trap on a tree and the careers are below her."Aria's eyes widened at the statement.

"Oh, what are we supposed to do?" Aria never felt so worst because she was measuring the pro and cons to help Katniss. She remembered the girl getting a eleven during her individual training, she was a threat and it would be foolish of her to not see it.

"We need to help her!" Rue said while getting down of the tree. Should I follow her? Am I a bad person for not to? Aria bit her lips before taking all their things in the backpack and running toward Rue. When they got close, Rue directed them to a tree to climb on. They tried their best to be as quiet as a mouse.

Katniss didn't look well, when her sight crossed the one of Aria and Rue a little gain of hope appeared on her face. Rue managed to explain her plan to Katniss. She needed to make the hive fall on the careers.

Aria tensed up a bit. Clove was sleeping just below her, she didn't seemed at ease at all. Her face was tense and one of her hand reached the knife in her pocket. If many bees were to attack her, she will die. If she died now, Aria wouldn't have to kill her. The sooner she died, the sooner she will be able to put all her minds on the victory.

Her gaze met the face of Marvel. She saw red again. The memories of Jacob dying made her sick, the anger came back. She needed to make him pay, make him suffer for what he did. The knife in their backpack could be use, yet she decided to wait until the hive fell. It will weaken him. She didn't know she could feel that kind of hatred toward someone. Aria was scare of what she could do. She was about to avenge Jacob, she was about to end the life of someone again.

When the hive fell, everything went fast, too fast. Thousands of bees were surrounding the area while everyone was trying to get out of here the faster they could. Aria sensed herself being sting by bees, a cry of pain escape her mouth, although recovered faster to search Marvel.

She ran into the woods without thinking of telling Rue where she was going. Her eyes were searching Marvel like a wolf for meat. She knew he was close, he couldn't have gone away this far.

A brown clipped of hair caught her eyes. She ran with all her might with the now knife in her hand. All of sudden, Marvel stopped. He looked around and sat beside a tree. It was odd that a career was catching his breath, wasn't he train to run? She didn't care and slowly walked behind the tree. Her plan was to slice his throat.

At 3.

Nervousness made her hands sweaty. This kill will be because she wanted to, not because she hadn't other choice. Not because she was attack first. Not because her life was in danger. She will have to live with the consequences of her future action.

It's okay, just breathe.

3

2

Aria tightened her grip on the knife.

1

Aria went out of her hiding place and was about to slice his throat when she saw his face. It wasn't Marvel. The boy from District 12, Peeta, looked at her terrified. The knife fell on the grass.

"Sorry, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to. I don't want to kill you." She raised her hands, trying to show Peeta that she wasn't a killer. Peeta thought this was the end, the end of being petrified every time something moved. He remembered the girl beside her, Aria Yrwin from District 8. She was one of the three who scored over ten during their individual assessment who came from lower District. Katniss, Thresh and Aria showed the Capitol that even the lowest District could be lethal if they wanted.

"Who do you want to kill?" Peeta said at last.

"Marvel Sanford..he murdered my District partner." Her features switched with sadness and anger. Peeta understood Aria, if something was to happen to Katniss he would be destroyed. The two Tributes stared at each other, they didn't know what they were supposed to do.

"Ar-can we become ally? I mean, I don't personally want to kill you and I hoped it's the same for you." A smile made his way on Aria's face.

"Of course we are ally. Like I said, I only want Marvel." They shook hands and it was the start of a new alliance for Aria. She was still concerned about Rue, but concluded that she was with Katniss.

They've been walking for a while now. Their plan was to be as far as possible from the last time they saw the careers pack. During their walking Peeta learned many things about his new ally. Her parents own a store in her District and she worked as a tailor. She told him about her family and her passion for ancient items. She never really talked about it because she thought people would find it annoying. Beside loving colourful outfits, she liked searching for the time before the Dark days. If someone was to know about this, she will be severely punished. Of course, she only told him things she had that came from the books they were allowed to read.

The sun was setting so they decide to settle for the night. Aria went alone searching for food. She remembered learning that some fields fruits were poisonous so she meticulously choose the good ones. Never once, she thought she would become ally with Peeta nor Rue. She tried not to, but worried about Rue. Aria had the backpack. She tried to convince herself over and over that she was with Katniss, something was off.

A scream got her out of her thoughts. Peeta. The girl ran toward his screams. When she arrived, the boy was trap inside a snare. The person who did it knew it'll trap humans and animals. Aria searched for her knife to cut the ropes, but remembered that she left the knife at the encounter with Peeta. Fuck. Knowing that she was now weaponless made her nervous. Peeta would never try to kill her, but others wouldn't hesitate. Aria took a rock and started to rub on the ropes to break free Peeta.

A machete was thrown, a few inches from her head, on the tree beside her. The girl frowned. It was the person who set the trap for sure. Her only weapon was the rock in her hand. Her grip tightened on her new weapon. Slowly, her feet turned and she met a pair of green eyes. A smug smile on the face, her heartbeat fastened. A real fight would appeared, no one would hold back themselves because they wanted to live. Peeta was fearful.

"I would've never thought, you would fall on my trap. I thought you were more intelligent than that." Aria bit her lips.

"Fight me, but let Peeta alone. Let me free him and I'll be all yours." She smirked.

"Who said that I want to fight you? I was searching for you, I know what you're capable of and want us to be allies. We could be useful together." Aria blinked twice. Did she really hear? She was looking for her and only her.

"Not without Peeta, he is my ally and I won't abandon him." She grinned to him while turning her gaze to these merely eyes.

"Fine." She extracted the machete from the tree and cut in one swing the ropes which made Peeta fell on the grass. Aria dashed on Peeta while their new ally walked forward. They followed her until she stopped and looked at them.

"Call me Finch."