Thirteen

Curiousness was always a major part of Aria's personality

Curiousness was always a major part of Aria's personality. Her grandma would constantly tell her that her curiosity will cause her end. Not the best warning for a teenager. The girl never change that aspect of her. It was her strength. Curiosity wasn't a sin, it was a chance to discover new things. To understand other perceptions than hers.

During her young years of life, a fire went on. The street she lived on was destroyed. She remembered the first thought she had when seeing the fire roared from the houses : How does it work? How can we create a such magnificent creature? Fire never rimed with danger, until this moment when she sensed her lungs hurt.

Fire surrounded the area.

The first thought that came was run, so she did it. Yesterday crossed for a moment and the feeling that her heart felt would kill her before the fire. Aria didn't regret her act at the moment, what she did regret was Peeta's sudden death. He was so devastated by Katniss' death and those last words. Why had he asked her to win for him and Katniss. She didn't want the weight on her shoulders.

Suddenly, the girl wondered how she was still alive. Her wounds were still visible, but closed. Her hand was still not usable, however, the pores were closing. The cream couldn't have had that much effect on her so why hadn't death taken her?

Trees were falling from everywhere until a small exit could be seen. If she ran a little bit faster, she will make it. She used all her remaining strength to defy death once again. During her dash to freedom, a rock came in front of her foot and she stumbled down the hill.

Her body was hurting even more. The redhead looked at the sky for a moment.

What am I doing?

When she volunteered, her odds of getting back were low. She knew the Hunger Games would be her last adventure. She wished to be death during The Bloodbath. Aria was now a killer. Two life were taken from her. Even if she didn't want to, she was one.

After the death of Marvel, she will let herself be kill. The curse of her family will be given to the next generation. Someone more stronger than her will win.

Aria slowly stood up and search for water.

Hours of walk turned to be successful. Aria threw herself inside the river and cleaned her wounds. For a moment she forgot she was in the Hunger Games, the feeling of being alone and taking care of herself soothed her. She wanted it to last forever. Fishing wasn't her best attribute. She didn't recalled the last time she ate fish, did she even eat fish in her entire life?

Suddenly, water intoxicated her lungs while she screamed for help. Hands were punching her until she sensed oxygen filtered her lungs. Her eyes widened at the sudden charge of energy. Aria felt alive for the first time since days. It was like every senses were functioning.

"Isn't it Eight? I was searching for you." Sierra, the Tribute from District 4, said while putting a knife on her neck.

Aria froze. The worst situation was happening. She couldn't find a way out, she bit her lips furiously. She was fine with dying inside the arena, the issue was dying by the hands of the girl that broke her during the training days. She sensed her thick breathe reached the back of her ear.

"You don't know how much times it took me to find you, Ginger." Her blood was boiling.

"What do you wa-"

"You are not the one to ask questions here. Don't you remember who have the knife on their neck? Eight, I want us to be friends. Friends help each other when one needs it, right? Since you are my friend, you will follow my instructions otherwise I will kill every person who cares about you when I win." Her voice was dead serious, no emotions were concealed

Sierra's goal was to win the Hunger Games since she was four years old. She worked since that day at becoming the best in everything to realize her goal. Her parents ruined themselves for her need goal. She had to win. To prove to her parents that, they didn't do it for nothing. That they won't have to be mad when she wasn't the best. She made herself a promise to give her family a better life and the only way to do it was to win the Hunger Games.

"I know about the kiss."She whispered while laughing." Did you really think no one would notice? I have to admit the two of you look quite cute. However, your love story won't have a happy end. I want you to kill Thresh and I won't hurt anyone. You have till tomorrow night or I will hurt you. Be a good girl and do what you are tell to."

Everything that was escaping of Sierra made Aria gritted her teeth.

"In your dreams, you psycho bitch." Sierra was cut of guard by her statement and accidentally lower her weapon which Aria was aware of it. She balanced her head behind to collide with Sierra's nose. A scream of pain escaped the girl lips.

Aria ran out of the river, the only possible way to over her was with her weapon. The machete, a few inches away, stood close to her belongings. Her fingers brushed the material, although a hand roughly threw her away.

Fury and annoyance were show on Sierra's face. She was sick of her games. The taste of metal flickered to her throat. Her nose hurt and she wanted to make Eight pay for what she did to her. How could she let someone that low hurt her? I am done with you.

Sierra took out her knife to attempt an other murder, but Aria wasn't letting any opening to do so. She had to admit, the girl knew how to defend herself which slightly worried her. If she was able to scare the young girl a little bit, she will try to kill Thresh and bye-bye Eight. Thresh was more stronger and any of them. Cato would be the only capable one to kill him she thought.

While trying to slice her throat, an idea made his way to her brain. She smirked. Sierra threw a punch right in front of Aria which she easily duck, however, she grabbed her hair. Everything after that happened too quickly. One moment her long red hair still touch her back. The other moment what made the pride of her family disappear.

The girl from District 4 left while letting her know that the next thing she will cut will be her throat.

She felt ashamed about herself for the first time in her life. It wasn't the first time her hair was cut short. Towards seven years old, she tried to change the colour of her hair because she hated it. Why did she have to be so different than the other? People were making fun and stupid nicknames. The result was horrible and they needed to cut it. She was crying the whole time and she remembered her Grandma hugging her while telling something that she will never forget. Something that gave her the confident of showing who she was.

"Don't be sad about your hair. The red of your hair symbolizes the fierce and fire that is building inside you. It will grow and be better. I promise. For now on, stay straight and be pride of your beauty."

Aria couldn't equalize it, more that she was scare of doing something she will regret without a mirror to help. She wasn't  even able to attach it. She truly wanted to cry, her hair was everything to her. It was strange, but she felt confident wit her length. The thought of her Grandma cursing Sierra for what she did made her chuckle. Don't worry, I'll be done soon.

Author's note

Taste of heaven was first in #KatnissEverdeen and second in #Hungergames, thank you. Many of you must be aware of the schedule. Updates are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.