Twenty two

In a few hours, Aria would be home

In a few hours, Aria would be home. She will see her family and district again. The last time she was on this train, she thought she would never return. That it was taking her to her death. She was alive. Twenty-two people died so she could be alive. The guilt wouldn't go away.

Since last night, she hadn't spoken to Clove again. They left each other as soon as the show was over. Cecelia tried to hint at her, but refused to hear. Her pride had taken a hit when she learned the truth. Aria knew she should talk to the career, however, ignoring her felt good. The members of District 2 were in the next wagon. She could hear the screams of a mentor and Clove's.

"Aria, try these pastries, they are delicious. You should enjoy them." Petunia said as she placed them on her plate. Eating was suddenly less important since her return. Every dish disgusted her even though her body was screaming at her to eat.

"How much time do we have left until home?"Aria asked, ignoring the comment of Petunia.

"I think a-"

"We need to talk, now." The redhead averted her eyes to the source of the voice she perfectly knew. She wasn't ready to face her, not when her heart was hurting."You can't decide to ignore me forever you know."

"You lied to me." Anger was rising as she remembered the embarrassment she witnessed yesterday night. She was blinded from the debut, did she really like her at all? Aria didn't want to do a scene in front of her mentors so she stood up and left the room. She wished Clove to not follow her, footsteps were heard from behind her.

"I never lie to you, Aria. I didn't think it was relevant to inform you of that incident. I knew it wouldn't be good for us. I care about you, believe me." Clove told her she went hunting that day and it was true. Worry was written on her face, yet a fade of fear could be seen. Something Aria never saw Clove felt.

"You used me! You played with my feelings in front of Panem. What will they think of me? The stupid girl who had her heart played with. Gosh, I told you that I loved you. I'm always like that."

"Aria, I-"

"I guess you won, you should have kill me in that arena like you told Cato." Tears escaped from her eyes."

"What do you want me to say? That I used you to accomplish my main goal of winning the Hunger Games and that you were only a pawn in my plan. I.." Aria felt Clove's hands on her cheeks."When I am with you, there is something in my stomach that is forming and I love it. I want to see you, hear you, touch you... I may have say those things, but don't you remember what I told you before? I am a person of actions not words and every touch I gave you were meant."

Aria could feel Clove's hot thick breath on her ear as she locked eye with the Victor next to her. It was out of Clove character to say these kind of things, should she trust her again? Their conversation at the cavern reappeared in her mind and everything made sense.

"You are a liar and an opportunist, you warn me and maybe I should have listen." The redhead said at last. A frown made his way on Clove's face. Her face passed many emotions as confusion till sadness to finish with her emotionless regard. All the walls destroyed were slowly build up again.

"If this is what you think of me, maybe you don't know me that much. I think we both don't know each other very well." Silence filled the room and the two girls felt as if they were strangers to each other, as if their whole story was no longer as great as they thought it was and that in the end they were just two Tributes who had met at the worst time of their lives and survived together until now.

Clove was the first one to leave the room and soon after left the train. The girls hadn't seen each other after their discussion. In a few hours, Aria will be home and she will forget about everything that happened the last few weeks. She promised herself to forget, everything.

Author's note

It took me months to write this book and I can't believe it's finally done. English wasn't my first language and I can't believe I did something like this. I am happy to announce you that the sequel to Taste of heaven will start his updates in a few weeks. Thank you to all readers, votes, comments and subscribes . It meant a lot to me, I truly hope to see you read the sequel . Please, comment your thoughts about the finale. I am also working on new projects that I am so impatient to show. Have a nice day and take care of yourself.

See you soon ;)