Fifteen

The grass enveloped her while the smell of pine purified her nostrils once again

The grass enveloped her while the smell of pine purified her nostrils once again. She felt at peace, but was roughly bring back to reality when the memories of yesterday appeared. Rue was dead and she will never come back. It's my fault and only mine. She should have take the words of Sierra more seriously. She hurt her and now a little girl died.

The remorse hunt her every thoughts and tears were flooding once again. She was so young and innocent. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes were so joyful. Her face lost every sign of liveliness. She couldn't save her from the Hunger Games. No one will ever be save from the arena. This place was a nightmare, where every breaths you took drown you more and more.

Her bloody hands were burning, her whole body was burning. She didn't know before, but now she did. Since the start, every part of her was burning for what she was doing. She was becoming a monster and she was letting them do whatever they wanted.

After hours of crying, she remembers the words of her family.

"You can't give up okay.. You need to come back to us, you have to."

"Promise me you're coming back home."

Walter, Taylor, Gil, Aiden, Heidi, Grandma, Mother and Father were counting on her. They were praying for her to come home. She promised to Walter to come back. They couldn't see her die because she let someone end her. I have to try.

She remembered the announcement of the Feast and knew a weapon was waiting for her. She wasn't able to take the machete out of Marvel brain. She didn't want to have this as a weapon and same for the spear. She was weaponless.

She needed to find an axe to be on her best. While walking toward the Feast, she thought of Clove. She wondered if she was suffering like her.

Clove was suffering.

All her plan was miserably falling. She missed her chance to kill the girl on fire during the bloodbath and now she was dead by bees, how pathetic. She lost Cato after the explosion which made her confident lower. Every time he was around she knew someone was watching her back when she wasn't. They weren't supposed to become friends, but they were. He was her person, a person who she could tell everything and wasn't ashamed of it.

When they knew they would be partner for this year Hunger Games her heart flinched. She knew only one of them would come back. She remembered making thousand of scenarios about what would happened if the two of them were to be the last one standing. She probably would have won because of Cato scariness to hurt her.

Aria wander in her mind every so often, but never for too long. Clove hated the feeling she had when she thought of Aria, she didn't feel in control at all. Walking alone made her a little bit scare, but soon remembered who she was. She was a freaking career and from District 2. She couldn't, she mustn't let anyone or anything get to her.

Her chances of finding Cato were truly low. Marvel was dead and Sierra was missing. The career pack was slowly diminishing. The good side was less threatening people to kill and the bad side was less people to be on her side. At this point, she will find Cato and stay with him until the end.

The Feast had been announced hours before and her partner will probably be there.

Clove had been waiting for maybe one hour and no one came. She knew the others were close.They were scared. Going in the middle was like telling them I am here, come kill me. She was confident in her skills, although for her sake she won't be the first to go in the lion's mouth.

Knowing Cato, he will definitely go even if he knew people were there. No one would dare try to fight him, he was taller and much more stronger than the majority of them. The safest option was to wait for Cato to appear. She will then go after him. So the career waited and waited until her feet hurt from standing in the same position for too long. She was about to sigh for the thirty thousandth time when her best friend came out from the green leaves.

She grinned and made her way toward him while screaming his name. He returned.

"Clove? Clove! Where have you been?" He laughed and did his beautiful smile. She liked his smile, no one smile at her like that.

They exchanged informations about what happened since the explosion. They were about to take their packages when an arrow was thrown at them. Who had the audacity to throw something at them. Another one came and another one and another one.

"Stay here, I will kill them." She wanted to go with him, however, he was already out of sight. After a while, she ran into the woods because it had been too much time since Cato showed sign of life. Where did this idiot go? He was always trying to show how strong he was. In reality, he hated it. He hated being obligated to never show worry or sadness.

Clove went back after a while to the Feast and she saw it. The moment she had wait for so long was happening right now. Today, her fate will be saddled. She bit her lips, dopamine rushing inside her. The career started walking, meantime Aria was opening her package.

Author's note

It's been a few days since I start writing the tome 2 of Taste of heaven! I have so much inspiration and sometimes I am mad at myself for not being able to write faster. This chapter was a little boring and short so I decide to update an other one, it's one of my favourites chapters. Have a nice weekend and to next week.