Seventeen

Is it true that when we are forbidden of something we want to get it? However, this forbidden thing should be a sign of danger, a warning that it is not good

Is it true that when we are forbidden of something we want to get it? However, this forbidden thing should be a sign of danger, a warning that it is not good. So why does our whole soul tell us to do it anyway? Why feel this special feeling when we do the forbidden? Is this a sign of humanity or stupidity?

Aria had no idea what the special moment she had spent with Clove meant. She wanted to be able to experience that feeling again, but at what price she didn't know. In another world, this would have been the beginning of a love story, however, they were in the Hunger Games. Her heart clenched thinking about her impossible relationship with the career.

Clove and Aria had gone to a cave near the water, far enough away from the danger that being near the source of potable water could bring: an encounter with another Tribute.

The career hastily left saying to look for food, she hadn't been able to look Aria in the eye since their kiss. She had told her to stay inside and heal her wounds and that she would come back later. The later had already been over four hours.

Aria knew full well that she wouldn't be coming back the moment she walked out. Why would she want to come back? Surely the kiss had meant nothing to her and she had been screwing with her all along, Aria knew nothing about Clove, nothing personal though. She didn't even know her favourite colour.

Her hand was still hurting. The wound was healing, however, the pain would not go away soon. The tailor had put bandages around her thigh, although she was not going to be able to walk now.

Her stomach was rumbling, hunger was rising and yet the temptation to go hunting was not increasing. She didn't have the energy for that. She didn't have the energy for anything, but sitting down. She closed her eyes for a few moments that lasted several hours before she heard a noise outside.

The girl grabbed her machete and was ready to throw it as soon as she saw the face of the person. She gulped, she had to succeed in her throw or death would be her future fate. The machete wasn't make for that, she was just too exhausted to move. The footsteps came closer and she was ready to shoot her target when she saw Clove. She stared at her, then placed two hares on the ground. She was really out hunting. She didn't leave me.

Clove didn't even greet her and started to light a fire. An uncomfortable silence fell over Aria. She couldn't help, but look at her, why did she come back? Clove ignored her completely, as if she was the only one there.

She continued her staring and saw deep into the features of her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she cut the hares. Her lips were bitingly pink and the freckles that covered her face fit her perfectly. Her nose, jaw, eyes – her whole face was mesmerizing.

After a moment, Clove vigorously turned her face toward Aria and looked at her dead in the eyes.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to stare at people like that?" She said while smirking.

Aria didn't know how to respond. She had been caught and her face was flushed with embarrassment.

"Eat." Was the only thing she said while giving her a hare. They ate in silence until the girl from District 8 could no longer take it.

"Why are you here?"

Silence.

"Why did you come back? What are we?"

Silence.

"Why aren't you responding to me?"

"Because...just because..okay? I don't know why I am here. All I know is that I am.. I want to be here."

She was taken aback. No one knew what to say so they continued to eat.

"From now on, we are ally until one of us die." Clove said firmly without looking at the girl beside her.

"Why do you want to be my ally?"

Cato, her district partner, wasn't dead. Why wasn't she going back to him? Did something happen while she was gone?

"Because I have no one right now and I need someone by my side." The career said at last.

"Why should I trust you with all that happened between us?" Clove turned her gaze on her which send shivers down her spine.

"You shouldn't. You should never trust me because I am a liar and an opportunist."

"What if I do? What if I still trust you?"

Clove came closer, much more closer that it made Aria warm. She stared to her hazel eyes while Clove benched herself to Aria ear and whispered so only her could hear " Then you will be mine, but don't cry if I ever break you."

The moment ended as quickly as it arrived. The career went guarding while the redhead never had been so flustered in her life.

Author's note

I love the exchange between Clove and Aria, hope you have a nice week
By the way, I forgot it was Monday so sorry for the late update.