Eight

Last night was left sour in Aria's throat

Last night was left sour in Aria's throat. Her journey since her volunteering was a mess. Today was the personal assessment. Cecelia gave her many advice in what the gamemakes usually liked.

She sat beside Jacob who was freaking out. Jacob knew his odds to win, they were low extremely low. He didn't know how to impress the Capitol people. They were so joyful in a weird way that it made Jacob uncomfortable around them. The result of this was his awkwardness that didn't help to make people like him. He sighed nervously.

Aria didn't know what to do to comfort Jacob so she gave him a reassure smile. It seemed to help him calm down. Her eyes unconsciously averted to look at Clove. She had her usual expressionless face and a smug smirk. Her role really suit her. Never once did she lessen her appearance when people were around.

Clove sensed someone staring at her and return herself to be met with a pair of blue eyes. The two girls eyes locked until Clove's name was heard. She left without a glance back. At that moment, Aria realized that all that mattered to Clove was to win. She didn't care about her, she didn't care about her feelings. Why am I always like this? Falling for people who doesn't like me back. The sour in her throat came back.

Her name was called a while after and Aria was ready to give her best performance. She came with a plan. The performance was a summary of a good Tribute:  Confident and Intelligent.

She decided to use weapons for the first part of her plan. The first part consisted of throwing knives and axes. Many of them were perfectly threw in the heart/chest/bullseye. The gamemakers seemed interested because they kept looking at her even if it wasn't perfect. What should she do?

For the last faze, Aria demonstrated her competence in sutures and snares. She knew they wanted a show so she asked someone to be place before the target. She threw knives all around him without doubting. Sierra wasn't right about her. She can win. She will fight for her love ones. She bowed and left with the biggest smirk she could put on.

"Even if the results sadness you, I am really proud and I know you did everything you could." Cecelia said to her Tributes. All the team of District 8 were sitting on the couch waiting for the soon coming results. The results were mostly for the sponsors to know where to bet their money. Because of that, every Tributes were serious and conscious of the impact it will give them.

Aria was between Jacob and Petunia. Caesar Flickerman was telling the results. Both Tributes from District 1 had nine it wasn't surprising, every careers always got a high score. Cato and Clove had a ten, she couldn't help, but smile at Clove's result. She knew how the Hunger Games was important to her, but scowled herself for thinking about her.

Jacob's result came in, he had a six.

"It's a good result Jacob, you should be proud of yourself." Jonathan stated trying to comfort him. Jacob knew since the start that he was send to die here, he accepted it. All he wanted now was to eat all the food he didn't eat during his years at District 8 and think about his memories from home.

Aria's turn came by. She crossed her fingers and hoped for the best.

"Now for the female's Tribute of District 8, Aria Yrwin. She got a..ten." She jumped from the couch and did her little dance. She was so happy, but felt bad for Jacob.

"Don't worry about me, I'm happy for you. District 8 may have a winner this year. You need to kick all their asses." Jacob said at last.