2 - Making a Friend...

OWEN HOUSTON

"Meow!" Mr. Claws yelled the fluffy cat sat on top of Owen's muffin top comfortably.

Owen only groaned tossing himself to the side making Mr.Claws squeal.

"MEOW!" the cat meowed louder this time waking up Owen.

Immediately Owen shot up realizing how bright it was.

"Oh gosh, what time is it?!" he shouted looking at his clock.

He's late!

Did he forget to set the alarm clock?

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Owen quried looking at Mr. Claws who only narrowed his eyes at the man.

"Meow," Mr. Claws meowed hopping out of the bed before exiting the bedroom.

Quickly Owen got out of bed, and hurriedly got ready for work. This was his first day he couldn't be late.
______

Standing on the bus Owen felt quite clasped between two passengers.

"Gosh, can you go over?!" the woman yelled at Owen catching the attention of the other passengers.

"People your size should walk considering you're taking up all the space," she huffed making Owenʼs heart pang.

He usually woke up an hour early to walk but since he was already late catching the bus was the only option.

"Sorry," Owen whispered looking down.
______

"Owen!" the receptionist, Jenny beamed. She watched Owen vastly walk into the company.

"It's nice to see you got the job! We should have lunch together," Jenny prompted. Owen smiled as red flared across his cheeks.

"Okay," he answered swiping his card, then heading himself over to the elevator.

They had mailed him his ID card, a MacBook, and an iPad.

Owen was quite surprised that they gave him such expensive technology but then again L&M corps were in the top three ranking of elite companies.

Hearing the elevator ding he immediately walked out into Mr. Reed's who sat down in his chair typing away on his computer.

"Ahh glad to see you finally joined, Mr. Houton," Elijah stated making Owen feel guilty.

"I'm sorry it won't happen again," he rambled his gaze low and hands fiddling with his briefcase.

Adorable.

"I'll let it slide since it's your first day, anyway your desk is outside and since you have been a personal assistant before you already know what to do," He says while Owen nods repeatedly.

Elijah's lips curled slightly before he motions Owen to lean closer towards him.

Without a thought, Owen quickly leaned over Mr. Reed's desk. Grinning just a bit Elijah leaned forward into Owenʼs ear whispering.