Chapter 10

Chapter 10

That night I spent the night at Isaac's place. I stayed in a guest bedroom which was small and cozy.

I had to make a few calls which probably would have been better if I made them sooner. I had to call my boss and explain to him why I hadn't been to work or called in sick, that was interesting.

No one back home knew I was a werewolf. I had little friends and almost no family friends. I hadn't seen my only living relative in eight years. My grandmother on my mother's side had dementia so I didn't see the point in going to see her when I moved back to Boone.

I probably had more living relatives on my father's side but he never talked about them and I had never met them. I doubt they knew about me.

When I finally went to bed Isaac had already been asleep for a while. I didn't go to sleep though, I just laid there thinking about what had happened in the last three days. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.

The morning sun shone in the windows as we laid in his bed. He kept grabbing my sides and made me laugh. "Shh." I warning him giggling like an idiot. "They'll hear us." He pushed the hair out of my face. "You're the one making all the noise." He whispered in my ear. "That's your fault." He leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you, Eve. Forever." He said as he pulled me onto his chest. "Forever, Derek."

I opened my eyes to the morning sun. That wasn't a dream, it was a memory. Derek wasn't the same person, I wasn't the same person. I had loved him once. He had loved me once. He didn't care about me any more.

Somewhere deep down inside me I still had feelings for him. But somewhere not as deep I knew I had to push my feeling aside and do what was right.

Isaac was awake somewhere in the house. Having this house all to himself must be hard for him. The house he once shared with his family. I knew it was hard on me coming home and staying their without anyone else.

"I shouldn't have said what I did yesterday." Derek was sitting in the chair next to the bed. "I need to go home, Derek. Just for one day. I need to get some stuff." I didn't bother getting up. "I know, but your taking the pack with you." He said getting up.

"What?" I said sitting up. "Just for a couple days. That's it. It'll keep them out of trouble." He said as he opened the door. "Do I get a say in this?" I asked him standing up. "No, you leave in a hour." He said as he stepped out the door.