Chapter 77

Chapter 77

I speed down the road to the warehouse. Boyd, Cora and Derek are outside about to get into his car. I slam on the breaks. I lean over and push the passenger's door open. "Get in!" I call over to them.

They rush over to my car. Derek gets in the passenger's seat and Boyd and Cora jump in the back. I slam down on the gas before Boyd can close the door. Derek waits until I'm well on my way before asking questions.

"What's going on?" He demands. "Isaac told me Scott had this master plan that he's going to reason with Deucalion." I turn onto a different road without slowing down. Derek grabs into the door and Cora falls into Boyd.

"Could you slow down! We won't do any good to Scott if we're all dead." Cora demands. I roll my eyes. "I know what I'm doing." I insist. I yank the steering wheel to the right. Derek holds into the door for dear life. Cora and Boyd slam into the door behind me. I then slam onto the breaks, jolting everyone forward. Cora and Boyd slam into the back of my seat and Derek hits the dash.

"And that's what seat belts are for, ladies and gentlemen." I say as I yank the car into park and throw the keys in the floor hoping no one will see them and take my car.

When we got there we all hurried out. Derek caught Scott's sent quickly. He grabbed my hand and lead me in the direct. Boyd and Cora followed close behind. We held back in the shadows when we saw them.

Scott and Isaac walk toward the stairs Deucalion was standing on. "You didn't come alone." Deucalion says in a clear voice. "Yeah. This is Isaac." Scott says as he motions toward Isaac but he doesn't look away from Deucalion. "I'm not talking about Isaac."

Scott and Isaac immediatly look toward us as if they instantly knew where we were. Derek let go of my hand and walked out of the shadows in full form. Boyd, Cora and I stay behind.

"You knew I would do this?" Derek continues to walk toward them. Isaac obviously failed to tell Scott he asked for back up. "Derek, don't. You can't do this so no one gets hurt. If someone else dies-" Derek cut him off.

"Him." He said pointing to Deucalion. "Just him." I could feel the anger coming off of Derek. "Just me?" Deucalion asks. "Now, how does a blind man find his way into a place like this all on his own?"

My head snaps in the direction of the sound of rock crumbling. Kali was clawing her way down one of the pillars. She landed on the ground in a defensive stance. Scott and Isaac back up.

Ennis comes out of the shadows from behind Scott and Isaac. They quickly move to the side. Ennis growls at no one in particular. Boyd, Cora and I step out from the shadows. Boyd catches a sent. I catch it soon after him. My graze follows him. The twins come into view, shirtless, on the floor above us.

We all just stand there shifting, ready for someone to make the first move. I jump when I head Derek growl. He runs at Deucalion. Kali jumps up and claws his face with the claws on her feet. He falls back and she growls.

My head snaps in the direction toward the twins. They flip off of the ledge and become one in mid air. They land behind Scott and Isaac. They growl at them.

Derek swats at Kali but she ducks. He turns around and hits her and cries out.

Boyd swats at Ennis but he leans back and misses his blow. I hadn't even realized Boyd had left me and Cora. Cora and I exchanged concerned glances. Boyd claws him before Ennis knows what's happening.

Isaac goes for the twins. Scott shifts and joins him. The twins throw Scott against the wall making a huge dent in it.

Derek pulls Kali back and knees her in the stomach. He then punched her in the face.