Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I put my pillow over my head to dim the light and the dream. Wait, pillow? I open my eyes and sit up. How did I get in a bed? When did i get into a bed? I thought I fell asleep at the dinning table.

When I listen everything is completely silent. Isaac and Scott are no where to be seen or heard. I can't even hear Mrs. McCall. I get out of bed and head down stairs.

The floor is cold against my bare feet. I'm one of those people that love warm pajamas but would never even think about putting anything on my feet in the house. I hate it when people wear shoes in the house and socks are okay but I rather have nothing on.

As I walk around downstairs it's obvious I'm the only one in the house. It's Saturday where could everyone be? There's no school but Mrs. McCall was probably at work. That answers were Mrs. McCall is but were's Scott and Isaac? They hadn't said anything about leaving this morning.

I head to the kitchen were I see my laptop were I left it last night. I went over and opened it. There's a word document up that reads:

"Eva,

Scott and I are heading out to talk to Derek and get on the same page with him. Be back as soon as possible. -Isaac"

Thats weird that they didn't take me. what was so secretive anyway? Don't I know everything already? What weren't they telling me? I stood there looking at the note for a minute.

Suddenly I have the urge to do something that I'm not sure I want to do. There's only one way to find out.

I close my laptop and go up stairs. After a little rummaging through my luggage I put on a pair of dark jeans, a dark blue sweater and my boots. I brush my teeth and deal with my tragic mess I call hair. My hair is a perfect mixture of my parent'a hair. My father had thick, curly, dark brown hair and my mother had thick, wavy black hair. As a result I have thick sometimes curly, sometimes wavy dark brown hair.

After a relentless search of looking for a house key I finally give up and lock the door from the inside, I grab my wallet and keys and climb out the window that was in the bedroom that I woke up in.

While exiting through the window had gotten easier and I had become a little more graceful about it, I still like going through the door. You know, entering and exiting through the door is a bit more normal and not as strange and suspicious. I jumped down to the ground and hoped no one saw me.

I walked around the house to my car and got in. As I cranked my car I looked at my phone. There were three voicemails, seventeen texts and fourteen missed calls. Most of the missed calls were from Derek, a few from Scott and Isaac. Most of my texts were from Erica strangely, some from Derek and Scott. I didn't even bother to listen to my voicemails.

I backed out of the driveway and headed to Beacon Hills Cemetery. Once again a place I'm very familiar with. Camden and I loved to hang out but Beacon Hills really didn't have that much exiting things in it so we would hang out at the cemetery at night. Camden had been a little skeptical at first but I managed to convince him enough to go. After a night spent in the cemetery he loved it. That's when I opened up to him.

"It's your turn to pick were we hang out this time." Camden said getting in his car. I smiled. "Do you trust me?" I asked looking over at him. "Yes." He said slowly and suspiciously. "To the cemetery." I said.

"What? Your crazy." He said shacking his head. "Aw. Is someone scared?" I teased. "No." He snapped. "Prove it." I whispered in his ear.

I smiled at the memory. I parked my car and walked across the parking lot.

Camden had showed me that night his mother's grave. I'm assuming the family is buried at least somewhere close together. I headed to were Camden had showed me.

There she was, Camden's mother. Just as I remember. Next to her Coach. Then Camden. Everything set in when I saw his name engraved in stone. Yes, I believed he was dead when Deaton told me. No, it hasn't fully sunk in. Not until now.

I break down right there. I hadn't given myself the chance to actually do that. I knew this whole time that he is dead but I hadn't allowed myself to fully realize it.

My legs could not longer support me and I fall to the ground. I pull my knees up to my chest and put my head almost on the ground. I cover my face with my hands and just cry. I shook with sobs as I remembered that if it wasn't for me that he would still be alive if it wasn't for me. I really did love Camden. He was the only human I had trusted after I turned. I could go to him and be normal for a while. No one was there to judge me. We would just do crazy stuff and be ourselves. We had had so many memories together and now that just what they are. Memories. We can't create new ones. We never will.

I eventually pull myself together. I take deep breaths. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I never wanted this to happen." I whisper to him. "You were right. I loved you. I do love you."

I look up and realize I'm not alone. A middle aged man is placing a flower on a headstone. There's something so familiar about him but I can't quite put a finger on it. There's something about him that reminds me of, myself? I have almost this weird connection feeling towards him. It's almost like I know him. Like maybe I've seen him before. In a picture maybe? But where?

He turns and heads toward the parking lot. When I know he's far away. I get up and go over to the grave he was just at. A fairly recent tombstone reads: Victoria Argent. I get this weird taste in my mouth. I'm not sure why but I do. I look at the grave to the left of it. My mouth drops a little. A tombstone a little old than the other but not by much says: Katherine Argent. A.k.a Kate Argent, my aunt. I look back toward the way the man went. Who is he? Is he an Argent?

That's when an imagine flashes through my head. I had seen him before. It had been in a picture. It was a younger version of him but it was defiantly a picture of him. It was a picture of him and my dad. I had found it in his stuff. On the back of the picture had been labeled: Cole and Chris. That man must be dad' brother. Which meant the Argents are still in Beacon Hills.