author's note + sequel

Congratulations - you've made it to the end of His Words!

Not to be super sappy and cliche, but I started writing this book over a year ago, not expecting it to go anywhere at all. It was just a silly, 3am idea of a boy who meets another boy who changes his life forever, but somehow I had the courage to turn it into this. And somehow, you guys enjoyed it!

Thank you to everyone who read, voted for and commented on the book! Through the cliche plot lines and shitty punctuation, you guys stuck around and I am so grateful for that. I started writing this book when I was going through a rough patch in life - in case you couldn't tell already - and all the motivation you guys gave me really inspired me to stick around so I can keep putting out chapters. And I can never have the words to thank you guys for that.

Of course, I can't just leave Noah and Elijah's story there. Allow me to present to you the sequel that is already out:

Noah Simone should be happy

He should be happy about getting accepted to his top choice university. He should be happy that his boyfriend, Elijah Beckett, was accepted into his dream university, too, and only lives a train ride away. He should be happy that he has a pleasant roommate, a stable job and a supportive family.

Most people don't get it this good - he should be happy.

But he isn't. Somehow, Noah is more miserable than back when he was living with his abusive father. And the worst part - he doesn't even know what's bothering him so much. As Noah searches for happiness all over again, he finds himself involved in multiple dangerous situations with even more dangerous people. But that's okay - he gets high on the adrenaline, among many other things.

Surrounded by so much darkness, will Noah ever find his light again? Or will he keep falling into the hands of one wet match after the other?

I hope you give this book a chance if you enjoyed His Words. Until then...

~ Kai