Chapter 4

Aurora POV

"I mean I don't know what's worse mom?" I sniffle and rub my nose to keep it from spilling. "I mean your dad died when you were a kid, while mines just left!" I exclaim raising myself from the couch away from the pools of tears in my moms' eyes.

"He died because it was time for him, he didn't have a choice!" I scream flapping my arms against my sides, pulling my hands into fists.

"I never got to meet my grandfather, so I don't know how it was for you, but my dad just left!" I breathe in, "The men you remarried left me alone, both of us alone!" I whimper putting my hand against my trembling lips and stuffed up nose.

"I am sorry it ended that way, Rory you still had a good life either way." My mom says looking straight at me covering her tearful state by faking a stern voice.

"By taking me away from the people that actually loved me?" I whispered .She opened her mouth once more but before she could respond I pointed straight at her, "You left my twin sister Elisha alone in a fucking orphanage when she was seven!" I begin once more, "You took my other half away from me just because your selfish self was too lazy to take care of both of us!" I scream.

My mother doesn't look at me but leaves from the couch and throws her empty beer in the kitchen. I observe wanting to take that beer from the trash and toss it against her head and see her lie helplessly on the ground. She should suffer.

"Have you eaten today?" My mother asks sipping from her glass of red wine as she stares at me from the kitchen bar. I sigh loudly and simply shrug, turning off the television and start to go upstairs into my room so done with the breakup and my mom.

"Hey, don't you dare walk away from me Aurora Bliss!" I could hear her footsteps closely coming behind me as I start sprinting towards my room.

"Just stop it with the food thing already mom!" I scream trying to lock the door as she attempts to push through. "Let me in Aurora right now!" She tugs on the door handle as my back stays against the door trying to close the gap.

I start heaving and my nose scrunches up from the pain. The unbelievable pain from when David my stepfather my only role model for the time being left. When I never got to see Elisha again. When I never got to see Zane and Jace. Not one phone call. I fall to my knees and pull myself into a fetal position. Giving up on my door as I see my mom approach me with regret on her face.

"Rory, when is the last time you have eaten?" she begs me to answer her, but I shook my head no. As I attempt to get up and away from her, she lunges at me and pulls me against her chest. I lurch forwards trying to grasp out of her arms. "I hate you for what you did!" 

I wail as she tightens her hold on me and rocks my body forward and back. "I don't love you I want my brother Luca I want someone who gets me!" I scratch my mom across her face and dash out of the kitchen tripping over my own feet into the cold weather sprinting to my dance studio.

I reach into my locker put on my point shoes and play Tchaikovsky on the speakers. I make sure I'm alone in the dance studio, and make sure the lights reach the brightest setting. I start calmly falling into the energy of the black swan. I fall into my graceful steps. Easy pace. Once the riff and climax reach, my movements are tightened, controlled and faster. More exaggerated and dazingly beautiful. They have to be beautiful.

I pause not liking how off beat I am. I forget everything and focus. Focus on me.

Skipping passed the mistaken pool of dread I stay put on my feet, hiding the noise that it makes as my shoes abruptly pound on the floor, due to the lack of breath. My arms try and block the view of the capturing distractions faced upon me as my fingers stay positioned, tilted to the correct degree, leaving the equivalent shape towards the outline of my figure, degrading to a perfect silhouette.