Chapter 15

Elisha POV

Fairytales

I always loved them when I was little.

My brothers would always come and cuddle with me near the firepit in the living room. I would drag along my purple stuffed teddy bear and suck on its ear to comfort my goosebumps escalating over my skin.

I noticed Damon wrapped in a blanket reading the hunger games that I always thought were too violent for a 12-year-old boy, but he fought against my innocent claims and always continued reading it because he would call it his new obsession.

I approached his figure confidently wanting to grab his attention from his obsessive book, and quietly sit criss cross applesauce in front of him. He looks up without hesitation and smiles widely while opening his arms for a hug.

I immediately bounce into his arms and snuggle my head in his neck. He holds me tighter and tells me sweet nothingness in my ear. Suddenly I nod my head up and expectingly ask Damon if we could read me beauty and the beast.

He furrows his eyebrows together playfully and indicates me to sit in his lap as he brings out my favorite fairy tale book, beauty and the beast, and patiently flips the pages to my favorite part, the end.

Where Belle and the Beast share their magical kiss.

He wraps us both in the blanket as I observe the firewood while resting my head against his already premade sturdy chest. He softly starts reading aloud my favorite part as I always requested that the book was too long to be enjoyable and that the happy parts were the real deal.

After he finishes reading solemnly, I start closing my eyes as I drift into slumber with a heart full of happiness as I know I'm being surrounded by one of my protectors.

But why did I take those moments for granted?

Lifelessly sitting on the toilet of a school bathroom stall, smoking the sight of Aurora kissing that guy, my actions really due come to realization.

That each abbreviation in my skin is like a piano key. Press your finger against me and you'll hear the unfathomable notes playing on repeat.

The whole day I couldn't stop thinking of my past back when I was 7 years old right before I was taken away from my fantasy life. I was so happy. Sometimes I believe that it wasn't real. Maybe it was just a hallucination? Yet those eyes full of green hazel brown eyes that all my siblings used to share was so surreal that I can't help but believe that it was the truth.

But is the truth being honest?

                                                        --------

"You both disrespected my rules, and it is not tolerated, and most of all I warned you." Dominique says at the head of the table looking down on us. Aurora biting her nails looking down not wanting to maintain eye contact. She was moving her leg frantically under the table and was closing her eyes like she was in serious distress, like she was in a battle with herself.

We were all eating dinner, well about to eat dinner to be more precise until Dominique showed up with his sort of lecture and I was absolutely not having it. All the brothers seemed angry more at Aurora then me which surprised. Jace and Zane looked like they were almost proud of Aurora for rating her out but got pissed when Dominique announced I had skipped as well.

Luca was sighing trying to excuse us of our actions saying that we were only teenagers living our lives while Damon was staying silent looking angry like the twins at Dominique just staying neutral and not letting his fury meddle with his words.