*chapter 1*

I was in a dark alley. All alone at 12 o' clock in the morning. I was soaking wet since it was raining when I left the party.

I never should have come to that party.

Instead of being in my warm bed, all tucked up while reading a book, I'm here all cold and wet, walking through a dark alley with God knows what's lurking in it.

The rain slightly stopped as I was nearing the end of this alley, thank God. I wanted to run towards the light that was streaming through the dark alley that was coming from a post light. But I can't since I was cold. If you're wondering why I'm cold it's because I'm still half human.

I have 50 50. I'm stronger than any humans but weaker than any full blooded vampire. I know what you're thinking and no, I don't drink human blood. I know, but as weird as it sounds I don't really like the taste of it. I prefer animal blood but it still feels weird everytime I drink it.

A loud rustling noise coming from my right made me snap out of my thoughts. I stopped infront of another dark alley. I'm pretty sure it's a dead end. I tensed up when I smelled something, it smells like blood with a twist in it.

Another rustle followed by a loud clang made me jump. I watched as a tin can came rolling towards me. It hit my foot with a dull noise and I let go of the air I didn't know I was holding.

Shaking my head I kicked the can and began walking.

"P-please" A weak voice said barely above a whisper. I stopped walking, hands fumbled into my jeans and I gripped the thin can of pepper spray. I looked back at the dark alley.

"W-who's there?" I stuttered. I shouldn't be scared, to be honest. Because first of all I'm not human, I'm half vampire. I could easily escape or defend myself if there's an attacker.

"P-please" It said again, this time the voice was louder, meaning it was closer. I recognize it as a girls voice.

"Hello?" I could hear rustling and scrapping. I nervously gripped my pepper spray, taking deep breaths. I could see a dark figure moving towards me in a slow motion.

A woman I could tell came to view, only I couldn't see her face because it was too dark. A lightning lit up the dark alley giving me a chance to see the woman's face. I gasped out loud. The woman was covered with blood, her hair was all over the place. Her clothes were tattered and ripped. My eyes widened when I looked at her neck. There was a deep cut letting blood gush out of it.

"H-help me" She managed to croak before falling down just a few meters away from me.

"Oh my-" A hand covered my mouth before I could finish my sentence. It pulled me harshly towards another dark alley causing me to drop my pepper spray.

It roughly pushed me against a brick wall causing me to wince slightly. The smell of blood was strong, meaning whoever did that to girl was this person. I opened my eyes when the pain subsided. My eyes widened when I saw red eyes staring at me. From the moment I saw them I knew that this person was a vampire, not just any vampire it was a full blooded vampire.

I wiggled against his grip. One of his hands were covering my mouth, stopping me from screaming, while his other hand was pinning both of my hands. He lowered his face at the crook of my neck. That started the alarm, I began squirming against his hold. No way in hell was I gonna be bitten by a full blooded vampire who is a complete stranger to me at a dark, smelly alley with a probably dead girl lying.

He sniffed my neck before looking into my eyes. And suddenly he was gone.

My eyes snapped open. I squinted when brightness temporarily blinded me. I yawned and scratched my eyes. It was that dream again. It has been two days ever since that incident on that dark alley. And it was been two days since I had that nightmare. I never went past that alley ever since. I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that something bad will happen to me if I step foot outside. So as result, I haven't left the house for two days, which in my opinion sucks. Because it was spring break and I can't leave the house without feeling anxious about everything. I groaned and rolled out of bed.