*chapter 5*

Nine words.

Pillow

Fights

Are

The

Best

Things

In

The

World.

I was sitting at the edge of the bed while Kyla tried to catch her breath. One thing I really like about being a vampire is that you don't get tired that easily.

"Wow" Kyla panted "That was like having sex"

"Oh my God Kyla" I scrunched my nose and threw the pillow at her. She laughs and sits up straight.

She has a disgusting mind that is terribly green, if you know what I mean. She hasn't experienced sex or any of those things, but she likes saying it out loud because she knows that it makes me uncomfortable.

"What? Being a vampire means that get to have sex with handsome immortals who doesn't age" She punched my shoulders in a playful manner. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"And your point?"

"Unlimited sex" She makes an imaginary rainbow as I hit her head, hard.

A loud scream made us stop laughing, making me stand up quickly as Kyla grabs something to defend herself. I grabbed the doorknob, twisting it open.

"Stay here" I told her before opening the door and peeking out.

It was already night, so it was already dark outside. Half of the house was well illuminated while the other half was dimly lighted. Another scream echoed making me snap my head towards the dark hallway.

"Typical" I heaved out, shutting the door. I quietly made my way down the hall, making sure to not make a single sound. I was barely breathing since I was a loud breather.

Another scream echoed throughout the halls, but only this time it wasn't really a scream anymore. It was more like a loud whisper. The smell of blood hit my nostrils as I covered my nose. It always makes me nauseous in some way.

The smell was becoming more and more powerful as I neared the intersection. I decided to turn left and was greeted by a trail of blood.

I gasped softly as I followed it. The trail ended on a pool of blood.

"Oh my God!" I whisper-yelled as I knelt down towards the girl lying. I turned her around and gasped out loud.

"Oh my God! Beth!" I cupped her face in my hands. She was so pale, her once bright eyes were now lifeless and dull. I moved her hair out of her neck and saw a bite mark.

"Oh my God! Wait I-I" I gently placed her against the wall as I removed my flannel, leaving me in only my sports bra. I gently dabbed the clothe into her wound.

"What happened? You need help" Obviously. I started grabbing her legs when she grabbed my hand. I looked at her and noticed that she was looking behind me, fear swirling in her eyes.

I didn't need to see who was there as I carried her and rushed out the hallway using my speed. I was violently pushed towards the wall making me let go of Beth. She gasps in agony as she hits the floor.

A warm hand grabbed my neck as he pins me against the wall.

"I wasn't done yet" I heard him growl. I looked at his eyes to see that they were a weird and unusual shade of red. It wasn't hunger or anger. I haven't seen this type of eyes before. I could hear Beth struggling and crawling away from him. He directs his attention towards her.