*chapter 15*

Ever since that 'incident' with Daniel the other day, I haven't seen him. I don't know if he's just busy or if he's avoiding me, which is stupid.

I was currently in the woods alone, I needed some fresh air. I needed a break from all this stress. Ethan's back at his place since Kyla's been really curious about things. I wouldn't blame her tho, I mean waking up remembering nothing is really tough. Especially when you wake up with a broken ankle. 

I can't really visit her or my family since that would ruin the whole 'hypnotizing' thing. So there's really nothing else to do but to wander off. Besides, that house is beginning to suffocate me. 

I was currently leaning against a tree, thinking. The forest isn't really that thick, since there's a road a few miles down. Am I planning to escape, take my family and fly away from this? 

No

Why?

I don't know.

I don't really know why I can't leave. I try to reason myself that I don't want my family or Kyla getting hurt but with each passing day, I don't think that's the reason anymore. 

I sighed and pinched my forehead. Stress, so much stress. 

I looked around, suddenly feeling uneasy. I pushed myself off the tree and began walking around, trying to find my way back.

A twig snapping echoed throughout the deadly silent forest making me jump back in fear. 

A coward for a vampire.

I scanned my surroundings, nothing. I waited for another twig to snap but I heard nothing. Shrugging it off I continued to walk around.

"Hello pretty lady" I jumped back and snapped my head towards the owner of the voice. I looked behind me and there stood a man, around my age or maybe a few years older. He has red hair, giving him a badass aura. What really triggered my senses was that he was a vampire, a full blooded vampire. 

Our eyes seemed to widen when we both realized something.

He was the one who attacked me in Daniel's room.

That's all the information I know but I'm pretty sure he's gonna kill me if I don't run in the next, let's say 10 seconds.

I backed away and he instantly reacted.

"Woah, where'r you going princess?" My eyes twitched in disgust at his nickname for me. I continued to back away as he took large steps towards me.  

My back collided with something hard making me look back and at him in panic. He let out a dry, humorless laugh. When he was finish, he wiped his eyes before composing himself bringing back the 'badass' aura.

"Half blood and you're wondering the woods alone? You really are something" His eyes gleamed with something I couldn't quite put my hands on.

"What do you want?" I wasn't scared, really I wasn't. I'm just worried. Worried that this would take long and I won't be able to go back in time.

I heaved out a long urgent sigh and clamped my sweaty hands together.

"Look, I really wanna talk but I need to go back" I avoided eye contact with him as I tried to snake my way around the tree. But as expected he placed both of his hands at my sides, trapping me with ease. 

"But why not now?" He taunted, bringing his face closer making me grimace when his minty breath hit my face.

"Cause I need to go back" I simply answered. He snickered at me before retrieving his face.

"You're really going back? I mean you're out in the open, just make a bee line for it and you're free as a bird princess" 

"Stop calling me that" I snapped.

"If you even think about going back you'll win the award for most crazy half blood vampire" He pulled away his arms, setting me free. He placed them inside the pocket of his black skinny jeans as he studied me.

"I'm going back" I said after a few minutes of silence.

"Why?" He pondered, eyes gleaming a different shade.

"Cause I will" I matched his hard stare.

"Why would you go back to a monster" 

"He's not a monster" I can feel my eyes gleam another shade as my blood boiled at his words. Why am I defending him? It's because I can see something behind that monster mask that he placed on his face. I can see a very scared and hurt Daniel who needs someone to understand him.

"Really now?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Yes" I crossed my arms.

"Did you know that he killed hundreds of innocent people? Both vampire and humans?" I looked away. Yes.

"Did you know that he killed his own mother?" Yes.

"Did you know that he's the reason why people are afraid of us?" Yes.

"Did you know that he has no heart?" No. He stepped closer again. I didn't step back this time. I wanted to know where he was getting.

"Did you know that he's a monster and will ever be a monster?" He whispered against my ear.

"He's not a monster" I whispered to him. I heard him let out a low, inhuman growl.

"You have three seconds to run" He growled lowly to me.

So I did.

I ran, just like he told me. I ran away from him, from the house, from my promise to Ethan and from Daniel. I didn't know where I would go, I just ran.

"People always leave"

I closed my eyes.

"No I won't" I went along with him, trying to figure out where he's going with.

"Yes you will" He looked away, pinching his nose.

"Everyone does" He whispered, barely audible.

"I won't"  

I stopped running, eyes closed as I felt warm tears stream down my face.

I can't. I can't leave.

I can't leave him.

I let out a strangled laugh before wiping my eyes. 

"I'm crazy" I whispered to myself, shaking my head.

I brushed my hands on my jeans before composing myself.

Just as I was about to turn back, something grabbed my neck and pinned me against a tree, my head hitting the trunk hard making me feel dizzy.

"Yes you are" 

Hey guys! Sorry for the cliffhanger :) hahaha But I'm busy with school at the moment. But I will try my very best to update every weekend? Hopefully, but I wrote this during the weekdays so I don't know hahaha. 

Please please vote and comment, I love reading your comments :)x

Purple hearts and kisses to everyone mwuah <3 xx