*chapter 4*

I shut my eyes tightly, preparing myself for the pain that was about to come. But none came, instead I felt something or someone pull him off of me. The force was so strong that I was pulled too, causing me to bump into someone's back. I opened my eyes to see Ethan in front of me, holding back a hand back protectively. He looked surprised by Ethan's actions but quickly composed himself. He let out a loud laugh, causing it to echo throughout the empty hallway.

"Nice to meet you too" He sneered at Ethan.

"Back off Daniel, where's the girl?" Ethan growled lowly, causing me to take a few steps back away from him. He noticed my fear because his face quickly softened and he straightened himself. Loud clapping echoed through the halls.

"Well, well, Is Ethan Hawke getting whipped by a 50 50 girl?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Shut it, Daniel where's the girl" Ethan demanded as Daniel's smile vanished. He was suddenly gone then suddenly was back with Kyla.

"Oh my God" I covered my mouth as I stared at her. Her clothes were all wrinkled and torn, her hair was in knots and was slightly damp. Her face was covered with mud, but when I squinted my eyes it turned out to be blood.

"Let her go!" I screamed at Daniel, and surprisingly he did what I told him to do. He released Kyla and she slumped down the floor with a dull thud. She didn't moved but I could see that fear was evident in her eyes.

"I told you not to drink from her!" I heard Ethan boom.

"I only tasted her, she was the one who insisted it" His arrogant smirk made me see red.

Not now, breathe Ava, breathe. You have plenty of time to kick his ass later.

"You have dozens of maids downstairs, you could have done this to them" Ethan pointed out seriously. I hated the fact that there's so many innocent lives at risk in this house.

"I don't feel the need to explain myself for tasting a filthy, worthless human to you. Besides" He shrugs and closed his eyes. When he opened them it was already a dark shade of red, meaning that he was both thirsty and angry or one those but either way it's not a good sign.

I ran to Kyla and everything was in a blur. But when I grabbed Kyla I hugged her, protecting her from any danger. When I saw a shadow loomed over us I hugged her closer, expecting Daniel to rip me apart from her sink his teeth in my neck, killing me in the process. But none of them came.

I looked behind me to see Ethan grabbing Daniel by the neck, protecting me again. This time Daniel didn't hide his true reactions towards Ethan protecting me. He roughly shoved Ethan who just stood in front of us.

"Get back to your room and don't do something stupid you know the price Ava" Ethan growled dangerously. I nodded my head and helped Kyla.

I could hear them yelling and something hitting the wall. I was curious on what they were doing but I don't really wanna know.

I opened the door and helped Kyla towards the bed. I gasped when she started screaming and hitting me.

"Kyla! Kyla! It's me Ava-" She cut me off when she smacked my nose. I stumbled for awhile, letting her go. I touched my nose, wincing slightly.

God that hurt.

I watched her crawl to the corner of the room, bringing her knees to her chest as she started to cry uncontrollably. It pains me to see her in this state. So I harvested all the energy I have left and ran towards her.

As predicted she started squirming and screaming again.

"NO!" She sobs as she starts hitting me blindly. She did hit my face once or twice but that didn't stopped me. I grabbed her arms and struggled.