*chapter 20*

"Isn't it weird" I said smiling lightly into my almost empty cup of blood.

After that rather emotional rampage Daniel managed to fully calm me down. How? I'm not exactly sure. But let's just say that the aftermath of my said rampage wasn't good. The floor was covered with broken pieces of the mirror I broke and the tension enveloping us isn't helping me to fully calm down.

"What's weird?" He asked making the tension in this damn room thicken. I inhaled deeply looking anywhere but his eyes. 

"This" I gestured towards our surrounding. He just shrugged before burying his hands inside his pockets. 

"Did you quote that from a song?" I looked up to him to see his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"The one you said.. a few minutes ago" My voice trailed off the end and I could feel heat rising up my face.

He smirked at me then nodded his head.

"Never knew you do that" I smiled at him, exhaling a breath of relief as the tension slowly decreases.

He just shakes his head at me as he scratches his neck awkwardly. I laughed at him softly before setting down the mug into my night stand and standing up, opening my arms for him.

He arches an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, stop being so heartless" I said as I approached him, nearing the end of the bed.

"I am heartless, I'm a monster" He said, his voice hardening. I just sighed and rolled my eyes earning a glare from him.

I opened my arms again.

"You're gonna fall"

"I know"

"I'm not gonna catch you"

"Okay"  

We stared at each other, testing one another's pride. Hell no was I gonna lose this. My feet slightly slipped making me slightly lose my balance. I sighed in relief when I didn't fell cause like I've mentioned, the floor's covered in broken pieces of glass.

"You're not gonna do it"

"Yes I will"

"No you're not"

"Yes I will-" I was cut off when my left foot slipped making me squeal in surprise. But of course, as predicted Daniel caught me before my feet could touch the floor.

"I fucking hate you" He grumbles and I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him down for a hug whether he likes it or not.

I buried my face at the crook of his neck and closed my eyes, inhaling his scent slowly calming me down.

"Enjoy sniffing me princess?" He suddenly asks, making my eyes shot open. I instantly pulled away but he wraps his arms around my waist, preventing me from escaping.

I frowned as he smirks at me and I swear that I could practically taste his cockiness in that smirk.

"No I wasn't" He laughs at me making me slap his chest. And let me tell you one thing.

It was solid rock.

"It's okay, if it's making you calm then I'm fine with it princess"

"Stop calling me that" I hissed. I hated that pet name. It sounds disgusting, but not as disgusting as that guy called Nathan says it.

Seriousness looms over us as we stared at each other.. again. But I couldn't help but stare into his eyes, those deep blue eyes that always manages to make me lost. The way they shine underneath the moonlight.