The Ghost's Influence on Our Class

*Hyejin's P.O.V*

We all looked at Asahi waiting for his answer as he only just stared at us.

"Answer me! Are you really the ghost?"Yedam yelled.

Asahi got up and lifted up his sleeve to reveal a cross tattoo. All of us had gathered in front of Asahi as he pulled out a cross necklace.

"Hey... "

"But that's a cross"

"Can ghost wear a cross?" Junkyu asked.

"Probably not," I replied.

"Does this answer your question?" Asahi asked.

"Then explain this," Junghwan said holding his phone up and showing a video of what looked like Asahi praying in the art room.

"It looks like he is praying Junghwan," I said looking over at Asahi.

"Hyejin is right, I was praying for our class and this is what I get in return?"

"Ayyy, I'm getting smarter by the second," I said out loud.

"S-sorry..."

Asahi walked over and grabbed Hyunsuk's wrist.

"How is it? Is it still cold?" he asked.

Hyunsuk slowly nodded

"This is called cold feet and hand, not a ghost."

This caused a few of the boys to laugh.

*Time Skip*

I was currently studying with Jaehyuk in his and Haruto's room.

"Do you get it Hyejin?" he asked looking over at me.

"Y-yes, I understand it a little bit more."

"That's good, you are improving very well. I'm impressed at how quickly you are picking things up... may I ask why you are having an issue in class?"

"I just don't get much sleep at night because I get nightmares a lot... so I occasionally sleep in class..." I said looking down and continuing my work.

He nodded slowly and looked over at me.

"I'm going to get you some tea and some snacks since you have been working hard," Jaehyuk said as he got up and left the room.

I laid my head down on the desk and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to Jaehyuk shaking me.

"Hyejin, are you okay? you were muttering in your sleep and starting to shake... are you having a bad dream?"

I slowly nodded.

"Here is your tea, it's chamomile, it can help you with sleeping," Jaehyuk said handing me a warm mug of tea.

I took a sip and felt like I was in heaven. I have never felt this relaxed before, this tea made me feel so much calmer.

"Thank you for the tea," I said smiling.

*The Next Day*

I made my way up to class and sat at my desk putting on headphones while I started to read the book, 'Frankenstein.'

I noticed Jaehyuk turn back at me with a small smile before turning around.

Haruto sat at the desk next to mine and kissed my cheek before watching me as I read my book.

There was a bit of an argument between Junghwan and Doyoung, but I didn't pay much attention as I was tired of all the arguing that was happening.

Haruto explained to me later the whole situation and that they accused of him being a ghost.

"That's ridiculous Ruto, there is no way in hell that you are the ghost," I said as we both sat on my bed together.

We looked into each other eyes for a minute and then I looked down at my hands.

I felt his hand grab my cheek and forced me to look over at him. Haruto slowly leaned in and placed a soft kiss on the lips.

When we separated I looked up with blush on my cheeks to see a flustered Haruto. It was nice... but his lips felt cold... I thought that was a little odd, but I just ignored it.

Haruto and I went to do our own things.

"Hyejin, do you want to help us prank Jeongwoo?" Junkyu asked as he stood next to Jihoon.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at them.

"Jeongwoo is taking a shower and we wanted to scare him by squirting cold water at him with these water guns," Jihoon explained.

"Fine..."

The three of us made out way to the shower to hear Jeongwoo singing 'Love Scenario' by iKON. As he sang the three of us squirted him with the water gun and hid in the shower next to his. This continued for a while until we heard him getting out of the shower.

Jihoon quietly closed the curtain and covered my eyes just in case.

When he left the three of us got out of the shower. I will admit I did miss messing around and doing pranks with them.

"Hyejin, can I ask you something?" Junkyu asked.

I nodded and looked over at him.

"What happened that night in the kitchen?"

I felt like my soul had left my body as I went completely numb.

"Hyejin?" Jihoon called my name waving a hand in front of my face.

"Can we talk in my room?"

They nodded and we left the shower and made our way to my room.

Jihoon and I sat on the bed, while Junkyu sat on the chair at my desk.

I took a deep breath before talking, "I had a nightmare that night... I've had this nightmare every night since I've been here, it's me getting it by a car... When I woke up I was covered in sweat and couldn't breathe. I went to get some water as my water bottle was empty... well when I turned around, I saw this tall dark shadow that said it was going to kill me."

"D-do you think it was the ghost?"

I shook my head.

"N-no the energy... it felt different than the one in the classroom... it felt... darker. I saw it again when Haruto stayed in my room that night. He was already asleep by then and I saw the figure, I don't know why or what it wants... but I worry every time I walk outside now."

"Hyejin... why didn't you say anything?" Junkyu asked.

"Because I knew it wasn't the ghost in our class. Like I said the energy felt darker than our class ghost, which is why I didn't say anything because it seems like a different entity."

"Do you want us to walk with you to school?" Jihoon asked looking over at Junkyu.

"No, I should be fine, as long as I am careful I think that I should be able to avoid getting hurt."

"Should we the others and Haruto?"

"No, I don't want them to worry about me... It's the last thing that I want to do."

They both nodded and looked at me.

"I'll be fine, I promise."

"If you get hurt Hyejin, we are telling the class," Jihoon said sternly.

I nodded and looked at my hands

Words: 1048

Date: July 13, 2022