There's No Ghost in Our Class Anymore

*Hyejin's P.O.V*

I quickly and carefully got dressed in my uniform and met up with Jeongwoo in the hallway.

"Are you ready?" he asked and I nodded.

We made our way slowly as I was on crutches and Jeongwoo wanted me to be careful.

When we got to the school Jeongwoo had to hop on his back because of the stairs while he held my crutches.

When we got to our floor, Jeongwoo got me down carefully and handed me my crutches.

"Are you okay to go?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Let's just put an end to this bullshit," I said as we made our way to the door.

I quickly opened it allowing Jeongwoo and I to stand in the doorway.

"Hyejin! Jeongwoo!" Jihoon yelled and pointed toward the door.

I looked at the board to see what was written.

[Agrees to Expel- 8]

[Disagrees to Expel- 8]

[Abstain in voting- 1]

Jeongwoo went up and changed the number for disagrees to expel from 8 to 10.

Yedam stood up from his seat, "Do you guys really mean it? Why? Haruto hurt you two."

"He didn't hurt us Yedam, Haruto is innocent in this situation," I replied.

"We have the results," Jaehyuk said.

Asahi got up from his seat and opened the door, allowing Haruto to come in.

I smiled and waved at Haruto cheering him up a bit while the others saw my mood change when he came into the room.

"Let me take your bag Hyejin," Haruto said letting me balance on him while I took off my bag and handed it to him.

"Do you need anything else? Do you want my jacket to use to elevate your foot on the chair?"

"No, I'm okay... I'm just not allowed to put pressure on it."

I started to head to my desk and I felt Haruto's hands near me to make sure I didn't fall. When I sat down, he took my crutches and put them up against the locker, and kissed my forehead before sitting down.

I noticed some of the others looked guilty realizing that if Haruto had done this, he wouldn't be helping me or being as caring as he was acting.

Suddenly Mr. Ha came busting in with Doyoung following behind, I decided to ignore it and continued to talk to Haruto, Junkyu, Jihoon, and Jeongwoo until Mr. Ha came up to us.

"Who are you? Huh? Why are you here when you died 10 years ago!" he asked yelling at Haruto.

I stood up very close to him when Jeongwoo pulled on my sweater. Haruto slowly stood up in front of him only to be pushed against the wall.

"Yah!" I yelled causing him to turn around and look at me.

"I swear to God if you touch him again I will punch you straight in the nose," I said getting closer.

I noticed Jeongwoo got closer to me by this point. Mr. Ha brought his hand over and had it swing towards me when Jeongwoo stopped him.

"Hey! You all knew? You all knew about him? These rascals... Hear me straight... From this point on there is no Haruto," he said.

"But sir..." Jihoon started.

"Kim Doyoung, Take his desk outside, whoever talks to him or says his name, report to me, okay? I'll give a penalty for not being obedient."

I held Haruto's hand catching Mr. Ha's attention.

"Lee Hyejin, you move away from him now."

"No."

"No? No? you can't tell me no," he said.

I looked around the room and then back at him, "Well, I think I just did."

"I will give you detention if you don't move away now."

I didn't move and I stood there staring at him with no expression on my face.

"Detention for two days Ms. Lee."

"Hyejin, just let go, please I don't want you to get in trouble," Haruto said.

I got closer to Haruto while continuing to stare Mr. Ha down.

"Detention for 3 days... come on you're a smart girl, move away from him now."

"Hyejin..." Jaehyuk said.

"Don't continue this Hyejin," Hyunsuk whispered.

"You know, I can place this game all day," I said I dropped my crutches to the floor and put my weight on both of my feet, causing a small pain on my foot but it wasn't that bad. I let go of Haruto and made my way to the window moving Junku and Jihoon out of the way.

"Things can go two different ways, you can just pretend you don't know anything... or... I jump out the window," I said as I sat with a leg on each side of the window.

Haruto got closer to me, "princess are you crazy!?" he said and picked me up pulling me inside the room and away from the door before I could do anything stupid.

"Oh, I see... you two are a couple... Well if that's the case, you guys do the same thing to Hyejin... her and Haruto don't exist," Mr. Ha said before walking out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and stood in front of Doyoung.

"You know, not having to hear you and your annoying voice is going to be the best thing that came out of this," I said picking up my things and leaving the room.

I made my way to the roof and sat on the edge looking out over the school, I sighed and looked at the polaroids on the back of my phone and smiled.

"I could have killed you then if the car had hit you harder."

I turned to see someone in all black but I couldn't tell who they were because they had a black face mask on.

I rolled my eyes thinking it was a prank and started to walk toward the door when I felt something hit my head knocking me unconscious.

When I woke up it was pitch black outside and touched my head. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was when I noticed the gash on my head.

I got up off the ground and made my way out of the school and to the dorms. When I walked into the common area, I saw all the boys. Jihoon noticed me causing all the boys to look over in my way.

I dropped my hand and Jihoon went to say something but Yedam covered his mouth, I slowly made my way to my room and sat on the bed, taking off my shoes.

"Hyejin, where were you?" Haruto asked popping up beside me.

I turned so he could see the wound on my head.

"Oh my god, are you okay? let me get something to clean you up."

After Haruto cleaned up the wound he turned around so I could change into comfortable clothes.

I crawled into bed with Haruto laying down next to me as well both drifted off to sleep.

Words: 1104

Date: July 13, 2022