16-20

16

Ruan Xi felt full of vitality upon waking up.

Outside the window, the rain was coming down in pitter and patters, and some rain issued light noises as they landed on the eaves of the veranda.

Ruan Xi stiffened. The fine drizzle from the early afternoon had become heavier after her short nap, bringing some cold and damp wind into the room through the small seams at the side of her windows.

Ruan Xi moved the blanket away from her body and got off the bed.

Hearing the movement in the room, Su Yu and Su Zhu put down the small bags they had been embroidering into the shallow wicker baskets that they were using to contain their needlework with due haste, before they carried in warm water to help their Young Lady wash up.

"Young Lady, while yõu were resting, a Mama from Lao Taitai's side brought over an old physician. Upon knowing that yõu were resting for the afternoon, she said that she would make another trip later."

This was what Su Yu said as she was brushing her Young Lady's hair.

Ruan Xi smiled slightly. It seems like Lao Taitai was very concerned about her body.

"Mn, I understand. Is there anything else?"

Su Zhu answered this time around: "There is another matter. The Furen had dispatched her servant to send word that she will be teaching Young Lady about household management starting from tomorrow."

Ruan Xi's gaze congealed as she sighed inwardly. Her legitimate mother was truly worthy of being a legitimate mother for being able to make such a decision when she was being suspected. She originally assumed that the household matters would be dragged out for a few more days. Nonetheless, she was rather delighted that she could learn about household management officially.

"San jie will be marrying out next year, is she attending the lessons as well?" Ruan Xi casually asked.

Su Yu shook her head. "Nubi does not know, there have been no news of the Third Young Lady learning about household management despite making some inquiries."

Which means she isn't......

Ruan Xi knitted her brows. That would explain why Ruan san niang had the thought and heart to start a business.

Her legitimate mother... actually went along with her...

Ruan Xi found it hard to understand but it did not stop her from heightening her vigilance.

After Ruan Xi was done washing up and eating some pastries to cushion her stomach, the Mama by Lao Taitai's side brought over the physician in a hurry once she heard that the Fourth Young Lady had awoken.

The Mama that came over went by the surname of Chen and she was the Lao Taitai's trusted Mama. It could be seen that Lao Taitai was attaching great importance to Ruan Xi.

Thus, the old physician checked Ruan Xi's pulse carefully and he even made use of the four methods of diagnosis, namely, observation, auscultation and olfaction, interrogation, and pulse feeling and palpitation. Whatever the old physician asked, Ruan Xi answered truthfully.

Four Methods of Diagnosis

This detailed pulse taking took a full hour.

Ruan Xi's heart sank down bit by bit.

Su Yu and Su Zhu were also becoming increasingly anxious as they stood at the side.

"Physician Liu, the Fourth Young Lady's body..." Mama Chen could not help but ask.