81-85

81

When Su Yu, Su Zhu, and the other maidservants saw Wen Ting Zhou walking out, their complexions paled slightly. They did not know how much he had heard, and if this would cause a gap between him and their Young Lady.

Ruan Xi gave Wen Ting Zhou a wide grin, "You should have heard it, I didn't reject san jie."

Wen Tong Zhou strode over to Ruan Xi and sat beside her, accepting the tea that Ruan Xi was offering in a natural manner before he took a sip. He smiled leisurely as he stated: "The secret braised duck recipe is yours, Ruan Ruan can do whatever she wants with it."

In short, everything was dependent on Ruan Ruan's intention.

Once Wen Ting Zhou uttered those words, Su Yu and Su Zhu felt their minds relax.

Ruan Xi thinned her lips into a smile, casting sidelong glances at Wen Ting Zhou and her maidservants before she offered a brief explanation: "There's no need for any of you to worry. It's impossible for me and san jie to perish our debts of gratitude and held grudges with a smile, nor did I take san jie's words to heart. However, for the sake of stabilising her, I will be standing on her boat for the time being."

Wen Ting Zhou's facial features were lined with mirth, "Mn, I trust Ruan Ruan."

Hence, Ruan san niang's visit passed by just like that, as light as a feather.

The next day, Ruan san niang was brought into the palace by the servants the Emperor dispatched, and she became the topic for conversation during tea and after meals for the common people within the capital again.

......

please read this on yuulation dot wordpress dot com

The days passed like flowing water, and in a blink of an eye, Ruan san niang had entered the imperial palace for the better part of the month.

Ruan Xi had also married into the Wen Family for more than a month. The rumours concerning her inability to bear children gradually disappeared, and Earl Chengyi Residence regained its calm as well.

The weather for the last third of the sixth month was blistering hot, and ever since the day that Ruan san niang entered the imperial palace, there hadn't been a single drop of rain, so the air was humid and dry.

Apart from going to the main courtyard to wait upon her mother-in-law Wen furen, Ruan Xi spent most of her time lazing in the room, not wanting to move at all.

Recently, her mother-in-law had been dispatching servants to send nourishing medicine every day like medicinal soups that could nourish the body, or medicinal cuisine that could promote pregnancy...

Even Wen Ting Zhou could not escape the fate of having to drink those nourishing soups, since a huge bowl of deer blood and deer antler soup was waiting for him every night.

Ruan Xi would be tossed and turned every night until her waist was sore and her back was aching, and it was both mentally and physically exhausting.

Ever since Liu Wan Wan had announced her pregnancy a few days ago, Zhao yiniang would always flaunt it whenever she was paying her respects, and even Wen furen, who was typically composed, could no longer suppress her own anxiety.

Whenever Ruan Xi went over to serve her mother-in-law Wen furen in the past few days, Wen furen's gaze would involuntarily, and frequently, land on her abdomen in scrutiny, which made Ruan Xi feel very helpless.

A child was not something she could have just because she wanted it, it was dependent on affinity and luck.

"Shao Furen, Ruan fei niangniang has sent a letter." Su Zhu gave Ruan Xi a letter after she stepped into the room.