56-60

56

As the sun set in the west, Ruan Xi entered the Earl Chengyi Residence with her two maidservants under Wen Ting Zhou's watchful gaze.

"Oh, si mei is finally willing to return?" Ruan san niang was wearing a blatant sneer on her face.

Ruan san niang stared at Ruan san niang and her servants who were standing in front of her on the wide pavement. Quite evidently, she was trying to block her. Ruan Xi gave her a placid look before she brought Su Yu and Su Zhu to walk past Ruan san niang directly.

The ignored Ruan san niang felt a burst of anger. With rapid strides, she went up to stop Ruan Xi, interrogating her in an aggressive tone.

"Si mei, what are you walking so fast? Do your eyes still have me, your san jie, or did you do something that can't be seen in the light and now you're feeling guilty?"

"There is nothing good for me and san jie to speak about." Ruan Xi's tone of voice was apathetic.

"I already saw how you and Wen gongzi were wandering around the capital. You must be feeling very complacent about the fact that Wen gongzi was willing to be your carriage driver, but one wonders what Wen furen will think when she learns of it?" Ruan san niang said, full of bad intentions.

Which mother would be happy to see her own remarkable son submit and lower himself to a girl?

Once Ruan san niang thought about the discussions that the common masses were having in private, and the romantic scene she personally witnessed, she felt her jealousy combust and rage in her heart, which nearly drowned out her rationality.

She had lived for three lifetimes, but why had she never met a good man like Wen gongzi?

The Wen gongzi who had remained unmarried his whole life and was deemed a cutsleeve in her previous lifetime, was unexpectedly taken down by her fourth sister in this life. Ruan san niang suspected that the Heavens was being unfair once more, and vehemently wished that she could expose the fact that her fourth sister had consumed infertility medicine right now.

Ruan Xi observed Ruan san niang, as well as the jealousy and malice she could not hide. Her gaze was calm. "San jie, is there any point to you constantly staring at me like this?" After saying that, she brought her two maidservants to go to the main courtyard.

Ruan san niang did not block her path this time around. She laughed coldly. As her fourth sister continued to rely on her fiancé Wen gongzi, her arrogance was growing bigger and bigger, increasing to the point where she did not put her in her eyes. Hmpf, without her, her fourth sister did not need to think about having children in this life.

She would be receiving some interest first.

The relationship between a mother- and daughter-in-law was the most difficult relationship in the world, especially in the ancient era where filial piety was prized.

Si mei, I will help you publicise this matter properly in your stead.

Ruan Xi remained outside for the entire afternoon, but her legitimate mother Zhang shi only asked a few questions perfunctorily before sending her back to her courtyard, to say nothing of Lao Taitai who did not seem to care about anything.

Honestly speaking, Ruan Xi was quite satisfied with this atmosphere in the Earl Residence, she hoped that Zhang shi could continue directing all her attention towards Ruan san niang.

She returned to Limpid Heart Garden as the sky gradually darkened, and Mama Yang had already asked the servants to light the candles.

After Ruan Xi washed up, she felt refreshed all over as she sat on the short couch and ate her fruits. The small ill-intent that Ruan san niang harboured had already been tossed to the back of her mind.