76-80

76

After eating their breakfast, Wen Ting Zhou and Ruan Xi left Harmonious Dwelling and headed for the main courtyard.

On the way there, they encountered the other newly wedded couple who were also offering tea today— Wen Ting Yi and Liu Wan Wan.

One of them was carefully supporting the other, while said other was like a feeble willow going against the wind as she leaned into him, and there was an entourage of maidservants and Mamas trailing behind them.

Ruan Xi widened her eyes slightly. It was early in the morning and her stomach had been fed until it was close to the bursting point, but a huge plate of dog food had been shoved into her face without any prior warning.

However, Ruan Xi still looked at them with relish.

At this moment, Wen Ting Zhou leaned closer to her ear and murmured in a soft voice: "The ones walking over are my second younger brother and his newly wedded wife." After saying that, his larger hand naturally wrapped around her waist before he moved forward.

Ruan Xi: "......"

As if he was cognizant of Ruan Ruan's inner thoughts, Wen Ting Zhou explained with a serious expression, "We can't allow ourselves to be defeated by them."

"If that's what you like, I suppose." Ruan Xi pursed her lips into a smile. Cough cough, she really did not expect that Wen Ting Zhou would have such a childish competitive streak.

"Call me husband. Ruan Ruan, I like hearing you call me husband." Wen Ting Zhou corrected in a low voice.

Ruan Xi suppressed her laughter.

"Understood, my good husband."

Wen Ting Zhou's mouth corners quirked up.

Su Yu, Su Zhu, Zhang Qing, and the rest of the servants behind them: "......"

They glanced at the other loving young husband and wife who were walking over swiftly from a small path, and they looked at the sky wordlessly.

"Da ge, da sao, how coincidental." Wen Ting Yi greeted Wen Ting Zhou and Ruan Xi after he strode over to them with his wife, his face flushed with success.

大嫂 (pinyin: da sao) – used in reference to an older brother's wife, which means oldest sister-in-law, typically used by younger siblings from the husband's family.
春风得意 (pinyin: chun feng de yi) – it also has implications of being sexually satisfied.

Liu Wan Wan smiled weakly, "Wan Wan has seen da ge and da sao."

Her eyes roamed all over Wen Ting Zhou before it landed on Ruan Xi's person.

This was the first time Liu Wan Wan saw the Fourth Young Lady from the Earl Residence, whose life was so good that she was a target of envy and jealousy.

Sure enough, the rumours about her peerless beauty, and her magnanimous and graceful bearing were true. Furthermore, those pretty eyes seemed to clearly perceive the feelings she had hidden at the bottom of her heart.

Liu Wan Wan's heart lurched and she swiftly lowered her eyes.

Ruan Xi raised an eyebrow and smiled. Interesting. If her eyes had not failed her, the gaze that Liu Wan Wan regarded Wen Ting Zhou with was quite odd. And towards her? She harboured thinly-veiled enmity of course.

Although Liu Wan Wan had concealed it exceedingly well, they were both women, and having grown up in an orphanage alone, Ruan Xi was the best at weighing the words of others and observing their facial expressions. Hence, Liu Wan Wan's scant peculiarity could not escape her eyes.