31-35

31

Ruan Ning did not expect that she and Mu Qing Ci would encounter the Fourth Prince Xiao Rui just as they decided to eat here while enjoying the lake scenery after they were done relieving themselves.

Xiao Rui!

The future Emperor!

Mu Qing Ci was his woman, who also gave birth to his first son for him.

In the previous lifetime, she had been surrounded by handsome men like a moon that was being cupped by stars, and she had been drawn to the indifferent and handsome Fourth Prince who had a heaven-made noble temperament. When she secretly expressed her goodwill to him, that man had only responded with cold stare, without the slightest fluctuation in his eyes, as if it was a lifeless object standing before him instead of a human being.

Fear had risen in Ruan san niang's heart then, and she no longer dared to get close.

When she was brought into the inner palace by the old Emperor later, it was too late for regrets.

When Ruan san niang saw the Fourth Prince again in this lifetime, only a single thought flashed past her mind.

Hug his thighs.

She wanted to hug the future Emperor's big and gold thighs.

She wanted to become Qi Yue An's internal support.

Once that thought emerged, Ruan san niang's spirit was greatly roused, brimming her with fighting spirit and her previous fears and trepidation disappeared without a trace.

"Earl Chengyi Residence's Ruan Ning has seen the Fourth Prince." Ruan Xi executed the standard bow for women's obeisance as she reported the name of her family, her bright and beautiful eyes glistening and emitting light.

The Fourth Prince Xiao Rui had attended this particular flower banquet under his mufei's request, but he was personally disinterested.

母妃 (pinyin: mu fei) – an address that an imperial child uses for the biological, imperial concubine mother (in this context).

From his point of view, it did not matter who he married as his legitimate consort.

Hence, after Xiao Rui greeted Wen lao-furen, he proceeded to bring his personal eunuch to the quiet small forest to avoid the noble daughters, unlike his other older and younger brothers who were observing the unengaged noble daughters together.

Who could have known that it would not be quiet here either.

The woman before his eyes was dressed in an exceedingly austere outfit, and if it were not for her reporting her own family, he would have assumed that she was some slave girl from the Junzhu Residence who was unaware of social etiquette.

"Mn."

Xiao Rui nodded his head expressionlessly, his visage as cold and indifferent as frost. The lady before him was not exhibiting any adoration or shyness, which was why Xiao Rui did not suspect that Ruan san niang had gotten close to him on purpose.

"Fourth Prince..."

Just as Ruan san niang was preparing to worm her way into becoming friends with the Fourth Prince, Mu Qing Ci appeared, her voice cheerful and melodious.

"Ruan Ning, it turns out you're here.

"I brought a plate of steamed buns over, let's view the lake scenery as we eat."

Mu Qing Ci's petite figure appeared before the three of them, which made the Fourth Prince wrinkle his eyebrows together abruptly.

His personal, young eunuch lowered his head silently.