41-45

41

"Young Lady was born in the Year of Mao." Su Zhu's voice sounded out weakly.

When no one exposed the matter, no one would think too much into it, but now that Li Jing Cheng had exposed everything with one sentence, and Su Zhu had added her confirmation, the gaze that everyone directed towards the golden pig and white rabbit inside the small wooden loft changed.

With a crinkle-eyed smile, Li Jing Cheng glanced at the pair. His gaze was filled with an ambiguous taste, and he continued to fan the flames with his mouth.

"Hey, how coincidental is that? Zi Run, what do you say?"

Perfectly composed, Wen Ting Zhou stood beside Ruan Xi as a gentle smile lined his lips.

"Certainly, it's quite coincidental."

Li Jing Cheng: "......"

This was the first time he had seen Zi Run lie without changing his expression or his heart beating faster.

He was really broadening his horizons.

Seeing that Wen Ting Zhou was a bone that was hard to chew on, Li Jing Cheng immediately dropped it and turned towards Ruan Xi instead. "Ruan si xiaojie, do you have any thoughts?"

Although the blush on Ruan Xi's face had yet to recede, seeing Li Jing Cheng's gleeful gaze – which was waiting to see a good show – steadied her mental state immediately. In a serious tone, she stated:

"My impression is that Ting Zhou da ge's wood carving is exquisite, and the placement of the switches are ingenious."

Wen Ting Zhou's gaze landed on the blush on her cheeks, the corners of his mouth rising.

"Ruan Ruan overpraises, I still haven't done enough, and I haven't satisfied your expectation."

"Had I known earlier..."

Wen Ting Zhou did not continue speaking, only fixing Ruan Xi with a stare as he smiled.

His smiling expression was deep with meaning.

Ruan Xi met his deep and obscured eyes, immediately understanding why he said that he had not exerted himself to his limits. Her heart jolted and she could resist glaring at him while being red faced.

This guy Wen Ting Zhou was becoming better at teasing people.

She felt that Li Jing Cheng was utterly wrong; how was Wen Ting Zhou cowardly?

He was clearly a fox with rigorous schemes and deep foresight, digging pits with each step.

Li Jing Cheng: "......"

He had enough of these two people. One of them pretended to be confused by being deadly earnest, the other spoke with double meanings, and now they were casting amorous glances at each other. Who were they trying to deceive? Hence, Li Jing Cheng's mouth twitched as he opened up a question in a straightforward manner.

"Ruan si xiaojie, I'm asking if you have any thoughts after seeing the golden pig hug the white rabbit."

Ruan Xi shifted her gaze away, meeting Li Jing Cheng's smiling face. How could she possibly miss that bit of ill-intention from Li Jing Cheng? With a calm expression, she replied: "It's rather cute, very nourishing for the eyes, and it's quite innovative."

The corners of Li Jing Cheng's lips jerked as he showed a thwarted expression. He did not expect that Ruan si xiaojie would also be a piece of bone that was hard to swallow. After he glowered at the two unruffled people resentfully for a moment, he finally conceded defeat. "Ruan si xiaojie, I cede, you and Zi Run are truly a pair match made in heaven."