91-95

91

After the news of Ruan san niang's abrupt decision to go to the Imperial Family's shrine to practice Buddhism was made public, the reactions varied.

A few days ago, this Ruan fei niangniang was still trying to torment and scheme against her own younger sister, and now she wanted to practice Buddhism, was she not afraid of disturbing the tranquillity of the religious and sacred land?

The imperial concubines in the back palace were similar to Ruan Xi in the sense that they loved to hear and see it. With Ruan san niang entering the Imperial Family's shrine, they would have a month of peace.

Whereas some idle people who loved to watch the commotion felt rather regretful because they no longer had a good show to watch.

At the present moment, after Ruan san niang's confinement was dissolved, she dispatched her servants to gather the information inside and outside of the imperial palace immediately.

When the people under Emperor Shengde saw that she was only collecting some unimportant information, in addition to the fact that she was going to the Imperial Family's shrine to practice Buddhism in the next few days, they allowed her to do as she pleased.

To that end, Ruan san niang proceeded to learn that her fourth sister's husband Wen Ting Zhou had discovered the high-yielding crops from Yao Hong's mouth, and that the old Emperor was preparing to promote the crops of maize, potato, and yam with a mighty force next year.

"Yao Hong, are you certain that your information is accurate? Was it really discovered by Wen Ting Zhou?"

Ruan san niang had been plagued by nightmares in the recent days, which made her entire person look unbearably wan and sallow, and she had no choice but to smear on powder to conceal it. Presently, the handkerchief in her hand had been twisted into a ball as terrible waves surged in her heart.

In the previous lifetime, the three crops yam, maize, and potato were clearly found by the people she dispatched overseas.

In this lifetime, it was unexpectedly discovered by Wen Ting Zhou.

Was it possible that he was reborn too?

Hence why he stole the things that belonged to her.

Ruan san niang's complexion went through a huge change as her heart quickened from the pressing anxiety.

After going through a careful deliberation this time around, she specifically took out the formula for manufacturing glass first.

The cement formula was still tightly covered.

If Wen Ting Zhou was reborn, was he already burning water and clay in secret?

Ruan san niang became more panicked the more she thought about it, and she became more terrified with every thought.

If she did not have a huge contribution to depend on in this lifetime, was she going to die an early and tragic death like in her previous lifetime?

No, she did not want to!

With some bewilderment, Yao Hong observed her Niangniang's changing complexion before she lowered her head and explained in detail.

When all was said and done, it involved the Fourth Young Lady whom Niangniang was at odds with. When she previously recounted the information, she had intentionally left it out.

"Yes. There is hearsay that the Fourth Young Lady read a book called Zhang Liang's Travel Journal, and felt that the things written inside were very interesting, albeit awfully exaggerated. She proceeded to show it to Wen daren, who immediately looked for that roaming merchant by the name of Zhang Liang after he read it, and managed to obtain the three crops yam, maize, and potato. After he tried planting it, he reported it to the morning court."