10

After hours of waking they finally made it to the junkyard. "Oh yeah this will do" Steve mumbled before taking off his jacket and walking towards the bus.

"I said medium-well!" Lucas yells which grabs everyone's attention. "Who's that?" Steve asks as he notices the girl next to Lucas.

A smile appears on Jess's lips once she notices that max is here too. Dustin's face turns blank which makes Steve realize she's the girl they were talking about.

Dustin and Lucas talk behind a worn out car as the two younger girls help each other carry a large barrow.

"Lucas told me everything"

"Hm?" Jess hums. "About Will, the upside down and... Eleanor. I still don't believe it"

"Yeah it takes some getting use too"

"Did you both make up some random story to tell me for some weird reason?"

"What! No! He's actually telling the truth" Jess yelled.

Max did not seem convinced. "I mean we're kinda about to prove it" Jess mutters before the two drop the barrow on the ground.

"I'm sorry about not including you into our party or anything it's just kinda hard when we couldn't tell you anything about alternate dimensions and monsters"

Max smiles "it's fine, it was mostly Mike who was un inclusive"

"Why is the only people helping me out are Kim, her sister and some random girl" Steve yells loudly as Lucas and Dustin snap back at them.

Max and Jess quietly laugh before getting back to work.

<3

The sun finally set and everyone waited patiently in the bus for the plan to work.

"So you really fought one of these things before?" Max asks Steve. He nods. "And you're sure it wasn't a bear?"

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. It's not a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home" Dustin scoffs which surprises everyone except for Steve. "Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max mumbles as she climbs up the ladder.

"That's good, just show her you don't care" Steve mumbles with a small smirk. "Steve!" Kim yells.

"I don't"

Steve winks at Dustin.

"Why are you winking Steve? Stop"

Ten minutes pass of max and Lucas talking on top of the bus, Steve playing with a lighter, Dustin pacing around the bus, Kim and Jess trying there best not to fall asleep and everyone was interrupted by a loud growl.

"You see him?" Dustin whispers. "No"

"Lucas? What's going on?" Dustin asks. "Hold on!" He yells back.

The growl gets louder. "I've got eyes! Ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!"

"There!" Steve mumbles as he points to the dark shadow. "What's he doing?" Kim asks. "Im not sure"

"He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait" Steve mumbled.

"Maybe he's not hungry?" Dustin suggests. "Or maybe he's sick of cow"

"What are we even looking for again?" Kim asks and everyone realizes that they never actually told her what's happening.

Steve ignored her and grabbed his bat. "Steve? Steve what are you doing?"

"Just get ready" he mutters before throwing his lighter to Jess. "What are you doing?"

He slowly walks out of the bus and quietly whistled to get darts attention. "Come on buddy"

He swings his bat back and forth as he walks closer.

Max quickly got off the roof and back into the bus. "What's he doing?" Max asks. "Expanding the menu"

"Come on. Come on buddy. Human taste better than cat. I promise" he mumbles.

"He's insane" max says. "He's stupid" Jess mutters.

"He's awesome"

"Steve! Watch out!" Lucas yelled. "A little busy here!"

"Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" Lucas yells, Steve turns around noticing the rest of them.

"Steve! Just run back!" Kim yells and then everyone starts yelling at him to abort and come back.

They start charging at him and he rolls on top of a car making one of them fly into it. Then he starts sprinting back after hitting another one.

The second he gets in the bus Dustin closes doors and everyone takes a second to breath, thinking that it's over.

"Are they rabid or something?" Max asks. "They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas screams as Steve blocks the door.

One of its hands breaks through and Steve hits it repeatedly with his bat.

"Is anyone there? Mike! Will! God! Anyone!" Dustin screams into his walkie talkie.

Kim pulls Jess away from the before the demo dogs claw breaks through. "We're in the old junkyard and we are going to die!" Dustin screams.

All the sudden it gets quite and all you could hear was quite thuds on the roof.

Max starts screaming until Jess pulls her away from the roof. "Out of the way! Out of the way! You want some? Come get this!" Steve yelled.

Instead of attacking all the monsters ran away.

Jess took a minute to catch her breath or else she would pass out. She looked over at max who was next to Lucas. Holding hands.

Dustin also noticed because he looked upset.

Everyone slowly follows behind Steve as they leave the bus. "What happened?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know" Jess mutters. "Steve scared 'em off?" Dustin suggests.

"No. No way" Steve replied as he swung back around to face everyone. "They're going somewhere"

"Okay someone needs to tell me what just happened" Kim yells. "We'll tell you on the way, come on" Steve muttered and started walking towards the woods.