15

Chapter Fifteen,

When Jess arrived at the mall Max was the only one there. "Finally! I've been waiting for someone to show up"

"And I thought I was late" Jess mumbles. "What movie are we even watching?"

"Day of the dead" Max adds with a soft smile. Jess opened her mouth to say something but Lucas crashed into the bike rack, making a loud noise which interrupted her.

"You're late" Max says as she walks up to him. "No. I'm not. Im on time" he says as he wraps his arms around her and kisses her.

Jess watched awkwardly.

"Where's Mike and Will?" He asks. "Late"

Jess got nervous. What if Mike or will never shows up? Then she would just third wheel the two. Even though she's been doing it all summer.

Will finally made it and everyone waited an extra ten minutes for Mike.

"Should we just watch it without him?" Lucas asks.

"No" will added quickly. "Ok..."

When Mike finally made it to the mall Lucas argued with him that he was late.

"You were late too" Max mumbles to Lucas. "Only by a few minutes!"

"Let me guess Mike, you were busy" Lucas mocks as he makes kissing noises. "Yeah, it's so funny I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend"

"I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend" Lucas mumbles to Mike as he wraps his arm around Max and Jess rolls her eyes at the comment.

"We're gonna have to go faster if we want to make it to the movie" will suggests and they start running to scoops.

"Watch it!" Someone yelled after Mike walked right into them.

"Yeah! Watch it, nerd!" Erica yelled. "Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas argued

"Isn't it time you died!"

"Phyco!"

"Mallrat!"

"Fartface!"

Lucas made a fart noise and max grabbed him "that was mature" she mocked and they walked into Scoops.

Mike rang the bell multiple times even though Robin was right there. "Hey dingus! Your children are here!"

"Again? Seriously?" Steve scoffed. No one said anything, Mike just rang the bell again.

As everyone walked to the back room, Jess smiled at Robin and gave her a small little wave. She might have a small crush on her as well.

"I swear if anyone hears about this-"

"We're dead!" Everyone yelled as they walked quickly to the movie theatre.

"All clear" Mike mumbles before they sneak in.

Jess sat next to max and Lucas and she helped hand out snacks to Mike and Will who sat in the row below them.

"We made it" Max mumbles. "We missed the previews" Lucas adds. "Still made it. Fart face"

The movie started but before they could even get threw a minute the power turned off.

Everyone yelled until a minute passed and everyone got happy once the power came back on.

"Is everything ok?" Mike whispers to Will. He nods and continues to watch the movie.

Max rested her head on Jess's shoulder for the rest of the movie.

⭑·゚゚·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled at Dustin as he quickly turned around and sprayed a bottle of hairspray at Lucas since he was the unfortunate person to stand in the front of everybody.

After Dustin realized there wasn't any phyco killers or anything in the house and it was his friends he hugged everyone and apologized to Lucas who was rinsing the hairspray out of his eyes by the sink.

Max stayed with him as everyone else were intreated in Dustin's inventions which he had made during camp.

"I call it the forever clock. All right? Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse" Dustin explained before giving the forever clock to Will.

"Then, I give you the slammer. Pretty neat, huh?" He asks with a smile.

"But this! This is my masterpiece" he says before carefully dropping a large duffel bag onto the floor, making everyone squat down to get a closer look.

"I would like you to meet... Cerebro!"

Everyone looks at each other to see if anyone understands what they're looking at. But it's quite obvious no one understands other than Dustin of course.

"What exactly are we looking at here?"

"An unassembled one of a kind battery-powered radio tower" he explained.

"So, it's a ham radio?" Will asks. "The Cadillac Of ham radios. This baby Carrie's a crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking north pole to south"

"I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose"

Everyone's eyes widen "girlfriend?"

Dustin smiles and slowly nods as he grabs his duffel bag and everyone follows him as he explains everything.

"Wait, do her name is Suzie?"

"Suzie with a "z" she's from Utah"

"Girls go to science camp?" Will asks. "Suzie does, she's a genius"

"Is she cute?"

"Think phoebe cates, only hotter"

"What! Phoebe cates is literally perfect how is she hotter than phoebe cates?" Jess asks.

"What's going on?" Max asks as everyone heads out to the door and Lucas's head is still in the sink.

"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend!" Will says as he closes the door behind him.

"Girlfriend!?" Max and Lucas yell before heading out.