01 - Good Morning to you, too

Hazel's POV:

My five-year-old self would not be proud of the person I am today.

Waking up late and rushing to class. She would be screaming and crying that she's late.

But what can I say? I like my sleep.

And by late, I mean 30 minutes after my alarm goes off. I always give myself a good two hours to get ready because I like to paint first thing in the morning.

After breakfast, of course.

I walk out of my room and see Alyssa sitting at the island. She looks up at me and smiles. Alyssa is the same age as me. She's a sweetheart and a magnet everyone. Not only is she hot, she has an amazing personality.

"You braided your hair! You know I love the French braids on you," she says. I smile at her and grab my overnight oats out the fridge.

"Thank you, Lyss. I love when you wear your hair down. It makes you look all pretty," I say opening the jar. She smiles.

"Will you two stop fucking flirting so early?" Zoey, our other roommate says. I smile while grabbing a spoon. Zoey, same age also, is the grumpy one. She hates all things romance and I'm convinced she's gonna die single.

"How was your date last night?" I ask taking a bite.

"Shitty! He tried to fucking hug me! Like bitch don't touch me!" She says. I laugh.

"Have you slept, Zo?" I ask.

"No. But I have night classes today so I'm good."

"It's 7:30 am," I say.

"Okay?" She says. She unpauses her show, and I shake my head.

"I wonder how we get along," I say to Lyss. She smiles.

"What oats did you make today?" She asks.

"Apple pie. It's so good," I say.
"Wanna try some?" She scrunches her nose and shakes her head.

"No, I hate the texture of chia seeds. Ugh," she says. I laugh and fill up my cup with ice water before going back into my room. I turn on my playlist which consists of Taylor Swift, Girl in Red, K. Flay, Halsey, Nirvana, and The Neighborhood.

Call me basic if you want. I don't mind.

I sit down at my desk and start to paint a scenery of a pink and orange  sunset setting over a field of flowers. Daisies, Roses, Lilies, all of them.

"Darling, you have 30 minutes until your class starts," Zoey says coming into my room. She always reminds me when I need to get ready. Like my own personal alarm.

"Thank you baby," I say. She hugs me.

Oh, yeah. Zoey only likes me, Alyssa, and some girl named Elizabeth.

"Always. That's really pretty by the way." I smile as she closes the door.

I change into leggings and my oversized Harvard hoodie. I stare at myself in the mirror and notice how skinny I've gotten in the past couple months.

Good. It's working.

I grab my bag and water cup. I refill it before putting on my shoes.

"Bye baby!! See you later!!" Zoey says.

"Bye Zo! See you later!" I walk out and look up at the sky. It's cool out today. Thank god.

I put in my headphones and continue to listen to my playlist while walking to the med building. It's about a 10 minute walk from my apartment, and I love it. It's my favorite part of the morning.

I walk into the building and go to my class. I sit down in the middle and take my headphones out. I'm completely content until I hear the voice I hate the most.

Natalia fucking Hansley.

She sits next to me and smacks her lips. I sigh when I look at her. She has her dark-brown hair up in a bun today.

"You look basic, Hazelnut," she says. I shoot her a glare and roll my eyes.
"Paint this morning? It's on your hands," she says.

"Will you shut up, Natalia?" I ask.

"No! I like annoying you. You're not wearing your contacts today. Why?"

"Because I don't feel like it. Why are you dressed up in jeans today? You usually wear sweats and a hoodie," I say looking at her. She grins.

"Because I went on a date last night. And I slept over at his place." I roll my eyes.

"I'm not your friend. I don't want to hear about your hookup," I say. She moves the two strands of hair I pulled out of my braids out of my face.

"Too bad," she says.
"He's in the class. I'll point him out. You need to get some. Really. You're way too tense."

"No, thank you. I don't do one night stands."

"Why? You really need to," she says looking me up and down. Her eyes fixate on my thighs. She looks back up at me before digging into her bag.

"What's the matter with you all of a sudden?" I ask. She ignores me and continues looking. She pulls out a Polaroid picture and turns it away from me. She looks at it, and then me.

"Holy shit," she says.

"What? Natalia, you're acting fucking weird!"

"Yeah, and I don't give a fuck." She puts it away and pulls out her phone. She's texting someone.

I ignore her and pull out my sketchbook. I bring it everywhere. No matter what. Whenever I need to escape I just start drawing.

This time around I'm drawing my little sister. She's six. Her name is Katerina, and she's deaf. I haven't seen her in a couple months, and I miss her dearly. I'm drawing her from the last time I saw her. She was holding the puppy I got her for her birthday.

The lecture starts. I'm listening while drawing. It's my way of remembering. I can remember anything if I'm multitasking.

I got that from my dad.

"Alright! We're going back to high school! We have a project today, too! It's a group project. I randomly generated your partners. It's sent to your email," he says. Suddenly, Natalia laughs.

"Oh, darling. You're gonna be pissed." I look at her, and she flips her phone.

Hazel Bridgette and Natalia Hansley

I groan, and she laughs again.

"I'll guess I'll see you tonight, Hazelnut."

A/N- I don't know what to put for this-

I love all of you!!🤍