16 - thank god.

Hazel's POV:

"You did physical activity, didn't you?" The same doctor from a week ago says, coming in.

"I threw my phone at the TV. Um.. so if that's physical activity, then yes!"

"You tore your incision not only in your outer layer, but your liver too! That's that pain you felt. It wasn't pretty I'm sure there's blood on your floor."

"Probably," I say.

"I forgot to tell you.. um I'm gonna give you this pamphlet. It has.. therapists that can help with trauma. And post traumatic stress disorder."

"Oh okay." He hands it to me.

"Thanks. My mother just said she's glad my dad died. And that she didn't want me but I don't care about that. I know I'm wanted."

"Someone did their daily affirmations." I laugh. Then hiss in pain.

"Okay. So really, no heavy lifting. No physical activity. Keep your heartbeat down. Kick your mother out. Lay on the couch and stay there for 3-4 weeks. Online school. I better only see you here if you're a patient, and that better not happen."

"Sir yes sir. Intern? Attending?"

"Fellow." I nod.

"I like you. What's your name?"

"Liam." Liam has dark brown hair. Blue eyes, and stubble on his face. He's muscular and wears a wedding band.

"Who's the girl?" I ask.

"Oh- um.. I have a husband."

"Oh shit!" I raise my hand to high five him. He laughs.

"Liam. Liiiiam."

"You're high. Go to sleep, Hazel. You'll be discharged when you wake up because.. this hospital sucks," he mutters. I laugh.

"I wanna go to California," I whisper.

"Me too." I nod.

"We're smart, Liam. Where's Natty? And Katty?" I giggle.

"They're in physical therapy. Once Katerina felt your heartbeat and knew you were alive she agreed." I smile.

"Can you take me to see her?" I whisper.

"I can. Let me get a wheelchair." He returns with one. And then gets me in it. We get in the elevator.

"Liam?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Did someone close to you die? Is that why you chose this profession?"

"No. I chose this profession for the money. I wanted to get as far away from my house as possible."

"I wish I did that. I kept forgiving my mother and then she hurt my spleen."

"Liver."

"Liver. Right." We go into Kat's room. Her therapist, Nat, and her look at me.

"Hazel!" She says. She's on a treadmill with some freaky things my brain can't comprehend at the moment.

"Hi Kat," I say.
"You're doing so good baby. I'm so proud of you." She looks at her legs, then me.

"I want to hug you," she says. Her therapist stops the treadmill and takes the equipment off. She holds her up, and I roll over and take her into my arms.

She buries her head into my chest, and I hold her head.

"Liam?" I ask him.

"Yes?" He asks me.