18 - oh.

Hazel's POV:

"Well.. I um- after.. he passed in the hospital I went home. My mom was no where to be found but my sister was at home. She was two at the time.

-4 years earlier-

"Mom?" I call out. Silence.

"Mama?" Kat says, coming into the living room. She smiles at me and holds her arms up. I pick her up.

"Hey! Where's mom?"

"Right here!" She says. "You're mama!" I sigh.
"Hungry," she says. I open the fridge. It's bare.

"Um.." I whisper. I open the cabinet. There's one box of Mac and cheese.

"Mac and cheese?" I ask. She nods. I sit her down in a chair and take in a shaky breath.

There's a knock on the door. I go and open it. It's Kali.

"Hi!" I say, voice breaking.

"Hey! What's wrong, Hazy?"

"My.. my father passed away. Less than an hour ago. And my- my mom is- no- no where to be found."

"Oh baby. Oh." She hugs me.
"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"I can't cry right now, Kali I need to take care of Kat first."

"Sweet-"

"It's fine. It's fine." I go back into the kitchen.

-present day-

"She was so worried about me. But I couldn't break. Because I had to take care of Kat. And then when I put her down for her nap.. that's when all hell broke loose."

-4 years prior-

"She's asleep," I say, going into my room. I sit on my bed and stare at the picture of me and my dad on my nightstand. We're at a father/daughter dance.

"Hazel," she whispers. I start to hyperventilate. And then I start to sob. She pulls me into her arms.

-present day-

"I cried. And I cried. And I cried. I was in denial it happened. I.. I tried everything to get him back I-" I pause.

"And then I got mad."

-4 years prior-

"You don't do shit mom get the fuck up!!" I shout, voice breaking.

"You're giving me headache Hazel! Go somewhere!"

"You're a bitch! You don't even fucking care about us! I can't fucking wait until I move out I hate you!" I go into my room knock everything over. And then I slide down my wall and start to sob.

-present day-

"And then I fell into a depression hole," I whisper.

-4 years prior-

"Haze, baby. You gotta get up. Come on baby," Kali says. I shake my head.

"Yes. Yes. Come on," she whispers, voice cracking.

"No I can't Kali. I can't. I don't wanna get out of bed."

"I know. I know but it'll be good for you."

"No. Go away," I whisper.

"No. I'm gonna clean your room okay?"

"You're pitying me."