12 - Love is..

It's all alright until your friend runs a red light, you watch his car burst into flames. Love is pain - Finneas

I'll tell you when to listen to the fucking song. DON'T CLICK IT YET.

Hazel's POV:

The girls and I were going out to dinner. Along with Kat. She and I were in my car because Lyss only has a five-seater.

Besides, Kat and I want to sing our hearts out to Taylor Swift and talk shit about the people at her school anyway.

We decided on Applebees because it's cheap and because Kat wants to play the games on the iPad-kiosk thing they give you.

When we get there I sit next to Natalia. Kat sits in my lap, and Zoey and Lizzie sit next to each other. Lyss pulls up a chair. We're starving and didn't want to wait an hour for a table to open.

"Lyss, squeeze in! I feel bad!" I say.

"I'm fine, Hazy! Relax!" She rubs my shoulder, and I unlock the games for Kat. I hand it to her, and she grins.

"Momma never lets me get these!" I kiss her head.

"So. Have you two considered your feelings for each other yet?" Zoey asks, pointing her finger at me and Natalia.

"Zoey," I say.

"What? I'm just saying! You guys- you're sitting awfully close!" I shoot her a glare, and the waitress comes to our table.

"What can I get started for you guys?" She asks.

"Your number," Natalia says.

"Natalia!" The three of them say. She blushes and smiles.

"Oh- um.. yeah- you know that works too," she says. Natalia hands her her phone.

"You're gonna do that in front of your girlfriend?" Elizabeth says.

"She's not my girlfriend, Elizabeth," she says.

"Yeah okay," Lyss says.

"We're not.. a thing. They're joking," I say.

"I would hope so!" She says, smiling.

"They're fiancées. You're being a home wrecker," Elizabeth says.

"No! No, you're not! You're fine, I promise!" I say.

"No. You aren't. They were gonna get married," Zoey says.

"No we weren't! Shut up, Zoey!" I say. I look at the waitress. Who looks like she's going to cry.

"Girls, stop. Please. You're gonna give the poor girl a panic attack." I rub her arm.

"We're both single. It's- they're saying that because they want to live in a book. And they want us to be one big friend group but we're all dating each other. But there's an odd number of us and Talia and I don't even like each other so- I'm rambling. I'm sorry."

"Oh my god, you're making me want to kill myself, Hazel. Stop talking," Natalia mutters.

"I'm trying to make her feel better! They're sending her into a panic!" I say.

"I'm really fucking hungry," Kat says. We all look at her and burst into laughter.
"What?! I really want food!"

"Oh, baby!" I say, kissing her head.

"Appetizers? Or are we going straight to food?" She asks.

"Food. We're starving," Zoey says. We order, and I notice her go into the bathroom.