xxii. 𝐖𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐒

( velma & max )

( velma & max )

august 17, 1985

: VELMA LOOKED DOWN IN HER LAP, FIDDLING WITH A loose thread on her black dress, before her mother grabbed her hand.

" we are gathering here today to celebrate to the life of dawson leigh, who sadly passed july 4th 1985 in a horrific mall fire. "

it was like a fever dream, some part of the velma still thought this was just a dream — no, a nightmare.

" dawson was a loving son, brother and friend, who sadly left us way too soon. today we have some speakers. " the priest continued, " the first speaker is one of his best friends, lucas sinclair. "

lucas stood up from behind velma, his eyes were blood shot while his hands trembled, he walked up to the front.

" h — hi. i'm lucas. " he started, looking down at his notes. " dawson was my best friend and he — he was just amazing. i don't know how else to put it, he always knew what to say, and acknowledged when he was wrong. uhm .. i remember whenever i made a mistake o — or said something .. mean. he would hit me on the shoulder, or tell me to be quiet. "

" we met in .. kindergarten. he was playing with lego a — and i joined him. me, him, velma and vivian were inseparable. i love dawson and i'll always love him, truely, he is and always will be my best friend. he'll also forever be missed — " before he could finish, lucas broke into sobs. he walked back to his seat, where is mom pulled him into a hug.

" that was beautiful. " the priest smiled softly, " next up, we have hayden leigh, dawsons father. "

everyone was silent as the man walked towards the front, he looked tried and just — really sad.

" dawson was the best son i could ask for. " he started, " he was creative, smart, loving and tough. but we didn't care about that, we just wanted him happy. and i hope that the days leading to the .. event .. he was happy, and was fulfilled as he could've been. i hope i'm death he has found peace .. that he is okay. he will forever be missed and loved, thank you. "

the older man walked back to his seat as he broke into sobs. naomi held her husbands hand, as she cried herself.

" i'm so sorry for your loss, mr leigh. " the priest looked at the man with sympathy. " our next speaker is velma leigh, twin sister of dawson. "

velma's breath hitched as she stood up and walked to the front, she blinked rapidly while fumbling with her notes.

" uh .. i just wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone who came here tonight, me and my family really appreciate it. " velma wiped her nose with her sleeve as she continued, " dawson was my twin, my bestfriend, my soulmate. we've always gotten along which is surprising cause apparently sibling don't get along. "