Chapter 5

Readers pov

It was late at school and we all had to stay to get everything ready for the cultural festival for tomorrow. I was sewing with Izumi, Hachimitsu, and some other female students. I saw Hachimitsu turn her whole left arm do a whole rotation. "Whew they can really expect us to do this all day can't they." Hachimitsu said. "I can't really understand." I said as I kept sewing and putting a done piece in the pile. "What I think we can finish today." A female student said. I see Izumi looking at Shikimori seeing that she was part of decoration and Izumi part of the costume group. It seems I can feel envy coming off Izumi as he bit his thumb. We kept working until we were done with the costumes but still him being a bit envious is a first.

(The next day)

I was skating on my way to school cruising and stopping at the front entrance picking up my board. I walked toward the gate seeing a student hand a heart paper. "Here you go." He said as I took it and looked at it. "57." I said to myself. As I walked into the class seeing that everyone is here. "Listen up people we're gonna earn the highest profit in the school and win the prize every student is hungry for the free after party tickets." Everyone cheered seeing that they were in costume. "(Y/n) your here." Nekozaki said. "Yeah." I said setting my board in safe place. "You sure Inuzuka is safe wearing a full dog suit." I pointed to Inuzuka. "I'll be fine." I said putting on my animal costume. "Izumi you and that costume are tragically mismatched." Inuzuka said. "Well no one's gonna know who you are." Hachimitsu said since Inuzuka was in a full animal costume. "I..Izumi-san." Shikimori said stuttering seeing she had twin braids and floppy bunny ears. "You look super cute." Izumi said. "You two! Quit staring at each and get to work." One of our classmates said. All of us started getting to work managing customers guiding them to tables and taking orders. I was taking orders for one of the tables writing it down getting some compliments from the customers about how the aura I radiate screams alpha. Also Shikimori was getting compliments about how cute she was in her bunny costume. Seeing Izumi getting his hands full was a bad sight to see most of us are very cautious of him now. People wanting to take pictures with him while he was holding a tray. Seeing him over whelmed with the amount questions he has been getting a napkin fell from the table seeing Izumi slip. "Oh crap." Our classmate said. "Izumi-kun.". "There it is! Just like always." Our other classmate said. "I have to save the ice cream." Seeing him say it in middle fall as Shikimori caught him and saved the ice cream. "You dork, we're all here don't rush around by yourself." Shikimori said. "I'm sorry." Izumi said. "I'll take this off your hand." I said taking the tray and setting the plate of ice cream to the people who ordered it. "The rabbit turned the lion into a kitty cat." A female customer said. I giggles at her statement as our two classmates clapped at shikimori's save. After that whole fiasco we went back to regular business until the day ended.

(The next day)

Izumi pov

I was walking upstairs seeing that I had library duty today thinking that there is another person too. 'I hope it's someone in my grade at least. It'd be a little awkward with someone I barely know.' I said to myself. I opened the door to the library walking in. "Oh." I looked to my right seeing someone familiar putting back books. "I wonder who would be coming, Hi Izumi-kun." She said turning to me. "Kamiya-san your on the library committee again this year." I said. "I'm glad the other person on duty is someone I know." She said. "Mind helping me put these books away." She said I nodded as we both began to put books away. 'The way I knew kamiya-san was through the library committee last year. She's the volleyball teams ace, she's tall. She's cool, composed, pretty and kind to everyone. She's someone loved and admired by girls and boys alike.' I said to myself as we both began to discuss amongst each other and her helping me get used to duties around the library. We both sat at the front desk as I asked her. "What's your class doing for the school festival." I said. "A cafe." She said. "Really same as my class." I said. "They must be really struggling without you." I said. "Oh... yeah people cried trying to stop me from leaving yesterday." She said. "Ehehe your always surrounded by people huh?" I said. "Things are always chaotic in class and at my club. That's why I like the occasional quiet moment. Like right now for example." Kamiya said. "I see then you can relax and leave the work to me." I said as she looked at me a bit weird. "W.w..what." I said. "It's just you seem different somehow." She said. "Huh in what way." I said. "Hmm well I guess it must be because you got a girlfriend." She said. "Y-you know about that." I said a little red. "Nekozaki and (Y/n) told me they're in the volleyball club too." She said. "Her name is Shikimori-san right." She said. "You two are in the same class this year what luck. Anyways shes really pretty and an amazing person isn't she. She was the star of the ball sports tournament too along with (y/n). You must be really proud." Kamiya said. 'Kamiya-san is a lot more talkative than usual today.' I thought to myself. "So what was it like." She said. "Huh." I said as she walked closer as I took a step back. "I mean...you know how did you two get together." She said which I looked dumbfounded. "Huh!? W-w-w-why do you ask that." I said stuttering. "I don't get to talk relationships very often, so I was curious. Nothing more than that. So what was it like?" She said. "You're super interested in this!" I said holding my hands in front of her. "I swear it's not like that. I swear there's no deeper meaning. I-I'm just interested in her. How long have you two been dating which one of you asked?" She said. "K-kamiya-san." I said 'why is she pressing me about Shikimori-san? Could it be that kamiya-san likes Shikimori-san.' I thought to myself.

-At the front of class 2-4 -

Third person pov

"Hmm... doesn't look like there are any pairs." A classmate said. "Well there are about 600 students here." Another classmate said. "Let's check the other classes." A male student said as other students were curious finding there pair. "Mi-chon we gotta go get ready.Glaring at the numbers isn't gonna change anything." Nekozaki said. "You can't blame her this is the 'Couple numbers' games jinxes the two people with the same number to be together forever." Hachimitsu said. "It was kind of a low key hit last year too." Nekozaki said. Hachimitsu then went into a deep explanation about the couple numbers game. "Well that was how last year Shikimori. So it probably bugs her that some rando might get to take a picture with Izumi." Hachimitsu said. "Some rando?" Nekozaki said. "I've made up my mind." Shikimori said. "A-about what." Neko said. "I will find whoever has Izumi-kuns number and trade them." She said. "Mi-chon, that face." Neko said as she and Hachimitsu reacted to it.

-At the library-

"When did you and Shikimori-san start dating." Kamiya said which became an interrogation session for Izumi. "Okay I'll tell you." Izumi said. 'Kamiya-san is always so cool and calm, but she's also interested in Shikimori-san.' Izumi thought to himself. "Go on, tell me." Kamiya said. "Well, we ended up walking around together at last years cultural festival." Izumi said. Then Izumi began to explain about last years culture festival with Shikimori to kamiya where both of them were super nervous and how Shikimori would be the one who would ask him to take a picture with him but then it resulted in his losing his number making him go into a state of shock. Then that was when Shikimori and Izumi tried to find it but within the span of two hours of not finding it but with the student council President letting it slide as he took the picture of the two. "I felt pathetic, but since she gave me that push, we got our photo taken, and after that behind the gym." Izumi said as a flashback of Shikimori and Izumi where Izumi confess to Shikimori holding his hand out as she pulled Izumi into her hugging her. Izumi scratched his head saying. "One thing led to another and I I asked her out, I guess. Sorry to ramble like that when you didn't even ask..." He said as kamiya raised her arm covering her face. "That's the best tale of youth I've ever heard." She said. "What an elegant reaction! Whew I talked about myself way too much." Izumi said. "I see I see." Kamiya said. As it cut to Shikimori, Nekozaki, Hachimitsu and (Y/n) tagging along into finding the person with the same number as Izumi. "It has too be someone in another class." Neko said. "I wonder what the person who has it is like." Neko said as it cut to the board of class 2-1 with the number 44 next to kamiya's name.