Chapter 8

Readers pov

We were in class discussing about the sports festival. "We decided for the people for the scavenger hunt race decided next about the mixed relay nobody is signing for it so..." our class mate said as I shot my hand. "Calliope-san." The class rep said. "I'll do it." I said as he wrote my name. "Now we decide by drawing lots." Class rep said. As Izumi went up knowing his luck and wouldn't you know it he has to attend. Hachimitsu was up next and praying to god she doesn't have to attend as she shot her hand into the back and pulled a paper saying not attend. I look to see Shikimori switch hers out with a classmate. Then later on Nekozaki and Inuzuka decided to participate as well. "Well the mixed race is decided." The class rep said. "The mixed race is gonna be fun right Izumi." Shikimori said which Izumi kinda ignored her. "It's reassuring to have you with us Inuzuka-kun." Izumi said. Shikimori pouted as me and Nekozaki kinda laughed a little. "When you try to act cool, you have to make sure he knows that." Nekozaki said. "It's not like I was acting cool." Shikimori said as later on we all sat together in around a single desk. "So how do we decide on the order of running." Nekozaki said. Then it became where Izumi said he would drag us down with him falling or tripping. "Don't worry Izumi-San because." Shikimori said. "Because we're with you." Inuzuka said. Which Shikimori got mad and became a talk between Shikimori and Inuzuka.

——

All of us were on the track field ready to practice for our relay. The order wen like this Nekozaki, Izumi, Shikimori, Inuzuka, then me for the final stretch. We began practicing on how the pass of the baton went. We kept practicing until dusk came. "Man I know practice was tiring but this." I said panting. "Well I mean you, Shikimori, Nekozaki and Inuzuka are the most athletic." Hachimitsu said. "You got a point Hachimitsu." I said. Later on a student council member approached us. "Is calliope-san here." The member said. "Right here." I said raising my hand. "The student council had a survey on what students want to see at the closing of the sports festival and students want you to perform." The member said. "Ehh im not talented as my sister is." I said looking at the student council member. "Students say your a really good singer and even want to see you perform." The council member said. "We can discuss this when your done." The council member said leaving. "What should I do guys." I said looking at them. "Well they're right you do have a nice singing voice." Nekozaki said. "Though (y/n)-san performing." Shikimori said. "I think it'll be nice." Inuzuka said. "Alright then I'll do it." I said as we continued practicing until my talk with the student council member.

-Timeskip-

It was the day of the sports festival and the events were very competitive on both boys and girls sides of today. Hachimitsu got second on the girls beam bag toss and we congratulated her on her efforts even though she was tired. Next up was the mixed relay race as we all got into our positions for the race. I know after the race I had to get ready for the performance. I got to my position at where the final runners are as we all got into position. The ref then shot the are as I saw the beginning runners go they were go at a nice pace hoping Izumi doesn't trip as I see Nekozaki pass the baton to Izumi. Izumi then ran trying his best knowing he wasn't athletic he was trying his best. He then passed it to Shikimori who caught up with everyone else as she transitioned it to Inuzuka which we were ahead. I got into my position as I started running as I felt the baton passed to me by me. I ran the final stretch seeing that the other classes are right behind me as I kicked the jets seeing the finish line crossing it winning the whole event. I then got tackled by Inuzuka, Izumi, and Nekozaki. "We did it calliope." They all said. "Mm." I smiled. "Excuse me can you hold this." A student said holding the number 1 flag as they took our picture. "I gotta go guys." I said handing the flag to Izumi and running off.

Nekozaki pov

"What was that about." Izumi said. "Remember that student council member that was at our practice." I said. "Yeah I remember." Shikimori said. "Said about performing and student survey." Inuzuka said. "Did you hear calliope-san is gonna perform." A student said walking past us. "Calliope-san performing in front of the school for the after party." Izumi said. "Let's go see." Inuzuka said as we all walked seeing the stage set up. "Wow quite a big stage." Izumi said. I looked trying to see where she is until I saw her "(Y/n)." I called out as I saw she had longer hair.