Giant Dark X Reader

He's back to take another human from our village!" Said a man running down the streets, shouting to all. The town was small and quaint. But you can't expect much from a rural town that looks to be in the late 1800's. Well, I think 1800's. I don't really know the year to be honest. I came across this reality a while back. It seemed pretty normal until I learned that there were giants. Two species trying to coexist on one, big blue planet...

I'd been staying at an Inn that has me working for them because I don't have money. Each world has different currency you know. So I clean tables or pull weeds outside. It sucks to be honest. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next reality is like. But who knows when that will be?

Anyways, I've only been here for a month and everyone in town keeps talking about this giant that harasses this tiny village. It's all everyone can talk about. Apparently he takes a human and brings them back later. I asked about why he does this but no one can give me a definite answer. It's all speculation and rumor. The villagers aren't ever hurt and tend to complain about how rude he is and how they hated living with him.

As the man shouted outside I began to feel faint tremors in the ground. Geez, I don't want to be on a planet with giants. The next opportunity I get to leave this reality, I'm taking it!

"Pathetic insects, show yourselves now dammit, or I'll obliterate your town!" Was a roar all could hear. The voice sounded awfully familiar....
Everyone stopped what they were doing and we all huddled outside in the streets. To my shock as I gazed up to look at the giant, it was grey demon! Give or take he was about 30ft though....

"Please, spare us. Take whatever person you want!" Said the town mayor who moved to the front of the crowd. "I only ask that you do not harm them while they are in your care."

Dark just growled, lowered his hand and dropped off the last villager he took before I was here. The girl scampered through the crowd, running into a nearby building.

For a moment there was silence but dark broke that silence. "Is anyone going to volunteer or do I grab one of you humans?"
Of course, no one was volunteering. But dark didn't really give them time because the moment he said that, he reached up and plucked a random girl up. "Let me go you monster!" She screamed.

Eee...Things were getting out of hand fast. Why was he so impatient anyway? There's got to be a reason for dark doing this. I pushed my way to the front of the crowd. I decided I would volunteer. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared but I had my reasons.

1. I wouldn't have to work at the Inn for awhile
2. He would have to take care of me
3. He never hurts anyone so he can't be that bad
4. It's dark, it's normal for him to have edgy attitude
5. Did I mention I wouldn't have to work at the Inn???

I got myself in front of everyone and raised my voice so dark could hear me. "Instead of taking her, why not take me? I'll go." the giant demon looked down to see who was talking. He seemed to pondered this for a moment before finally saying "No. I've made my decision."

A guy came up and tugged at my arm, whispering "Just let it go, he will bring her back after some time" I shook my arm to get his grip off and continued what I was saying.

"Okay, let's say you take her instead of me. She'll scream and hate you and call you ugly things during her entire stay with you. Or, take me who has offered to go willingly and won't be so much of a hassle to deal with." I said, shrugging some.

Dark smirked. "How amusing. Alright then, I'll play along." he set the woman down and grabbed me instead. I must admit, seeing something taller reach for you is quite nerve wracking. And then your feet leaving the ground as you are held in the air....! I felt like a barbie doll...dark walked out of town and entered the nearby forest before what I assumed what was teleporting to his house. No one knew where it was and I still don't know. I just hope this wasn't a bad decision I just made.....

Dark brought me in the house. He said I could go anywhere but that room where the door was closed. He wasn't as heartless or mean one on one. How odd. But dark wouldn't talk to me much and he seemed impatient at times. I had a place to sleep and he gave me plenty of food and water. I asked him several times why I was here and he would just reply "Because I brought you here." So much for talking. The days went on like this until one day he seemed infuriated.

"What is your problem?" I asked, a little annoyed he was behaving this way. Dark huffed. "You hate me too, don't you human?!" He seemed a little more on edge than lately. I took a deep breath. "No, I don't hate you---"

"Then love me back dammit!"

I blinked, dumbfounded. "What?" was I could say.

"I won't repeat myself. Love me or I'll...." He growled and then punched a hole in the wall. Dust and Debris flew everywhere. "Dammit, I'm almost out of time...."

I thought about this. It awfully reminded me of the story Beauty and the Beast. So I decided to interrogate him. "Say, you wouldn't be a human in a demon form, would you?" dark looked up to glare at me. "What nonsense are you talking about?"

"I could ask the same thing. The part about your nonsense I mean." I replied. "You bring humans here and then take them back. And it sounds like your time or whatever is about up. Instead of raging and taking people back and forth, tell me what is bothering you. Everything else hasn't worked so far."

Dark stared at me. It was like he was considering what I said. He averted his eyes to the room. He said nothing.

So I broke the silence. "So uh, is there a flower in there or something? That's your timer?"

The demon whipped his head back to me. "I thought I told you not to enter that room!" He growled.

I quickly explained myself. "I haven't. I promise. This all reminds me of a story is all."

"I don't have time for stories!" dark retorted.

"Then I'll make it quick. There's a human fairy tale where a beast kidnaps a human girl and she falls in love with him to break the curse. And the beast turns human again"

Dark raised a brow. "....How does one accomplish this...?" He seemed to ask this rather reluctantly.

"Well for starters, you can't make anyone fall in love with you." I began to explain. "And secondly, I still can't help you unless I know what exactly is going on."

Dark hmphed. "It's as you said. I'm in a similar situation as your pathetic story. However, this is my form, I'm not a disgusting human...My curse is that if I don't get a human to fall in love with me, I lose all my powers..."

Ah. No wonder why dark has been super edgy. Being powerful is all he knows and to lose power would make him miserable..

I thought about this and finally said "I already like you dark. So shouldn't the curse be broken?"

"It's not.." He answered.

Now I was stumped. So I began to think. But then dark questioned me. "Why are you helping me? Why do you even care, human?"

I looked up at him and said very honestly. "Because you are not a monster. Sure you have attitude but deep down you aren't a horrible person. Besides, I find you pretty cute." And then added "I'm pretty weird by human standards" and then chuckled.

And then, to my surprise, dark smiled. A sincere smile from darkiplier the demon himself.

Without warning, dark then began to glow. The light lit up the room. I quickly covered my face until the light dimmed down there and standing before me was dark surrounded by black smoke. I gasped in awe.

"Hmph. It seems as though ALL my powers have finally returned" Was all he said before immediately changing back into his normal form. He came up to me, picking me up ever so gently and petted my head. "I'm....sorry if I was too harsh on you..." dark apologised.

"It's okay dark, I forgive you." I said as I enjoyed darks caressing...."I guess all you needed was someone to tell you that you mattered."

Dark grinned a little. "Hmm...You are a strange human indeed...."

The end