1

Hermione Jane Granger could only look on in horror as her best friend out flew the Hungarian Horntail, which was going well until the dragon snapped its chain. That's when Hermione gripped her face with her hands leaving fingernail marks.

She cheered when Harry grabbed his egg and was the first out of her seat as soon as he landed. She had to be there for him, she had to touch him to know that he was alive and well. When she got to the tent where he was being checked up on she found Madam Pomfrey checking him over and chiding him for being reckless once again."Mr. Potter, just once I'd like it if I didn't have to see during your time at Hogwarts" Madam Pomfrey said."But madam Pomfrey, how would we be able to have our nice chats like this?" Harry asked cheekily.

Madam Pomfrey huffed, but couldn't help smile slightly. "Oh Harry, I'm so glad that you're alright" Hermione said as she ran to her best friend. Madam Pomfrey was able to move out of the way before Hermione could knock her down to engulf her best friend in a huge hug.

"I'm fine Hermione, just a few scratches, that's all" Harry said trying to calm his best friend."You have no idea how scared I was" Hermione mumbled into his shoulder."I was scared too" Harry said rubbing her back.Hermione pulled back to get a good look at Harry and that's when she got the overwhelming urge to kiss her best friend.

She liked Harry a lot, but if she was honest with herself she would admit that she had been in love with Harry since their flight on Buckbeak. That was the most thrilling thing she'd ever done, and the fact it was with Harry made it all the more exciting. She daydreamed of that moment many times over the summer and let her imagination get the best of her during those times.

She gathered all of her courage and leaned in and hoped that he didn't pull away, but what shocked her was that he leaned in too.Harry was still feeling the effects of his adrenaline rush, but with his best friend in his arms he felt the lingering effects ebb.

He always cared for Hermione there was no doubt about that even when they had that fight last year, his thoughts were on Hermione and worried about her ragged appearance and lack of sleep. When he felt Hermione holding onto him during their flight on Buckbeak it reaffirmed his confirmation that Hermione was a girl. The feeling of Hermione pressed against him filled his not so innocent dreams of late.

Sure he had a crush on Cho Chang, but that paled in comparison on what his feelings were for Hermione. The only thing that stopped him was his fear of rejection, he couldn't lose Hermione. But when he saw Hermione leaned in towards him that gave him hope and decided to go for it.When their lips touched it felt magical and they both knew that this would change everything.

But right now they didn't care about the repercussions of their actions, right now the only care they had was to savor this moment."What the bloody hell are you doing?" someone shouted.Harry and Hermione both pulled apart, but still held onto one another as they turned towards the voice. It was Ron Weasley."I believe I was kissing the most beautiful girl in Hogwarts" Harry said smiling.

Hermione blushed. "But you're not supposed to be doing that, you're supposed to be doing that with Ginny, and Hermione is mine" Ron said. "Really Ronald, I don't think you've ever asked me out or anything so you have no say on who I kiss" Hermione said.

Ron sputtered and left. "Come on Hermione, let's head back up to the castle" Harry said keeping an arm around her waist as he tugged her to the exit.Hermione just followed and enjoyed the feeling Harry's arm on her waist. Back in Hogwarts the pair walked around until they both felt they should talk so they headed to an unused classroom and Hermione sealed it for privacy.

"Hermione, why did you kiss me?" Harry asked as soon it was secure."Why did you kiss me back?" Hermione countered.Harry knew that Hermione was going to make him reveal his feeling first before she revealed her so he sighed. "I like you Hermione, I always have. I just never knew and still don't know if what I feel is love. I've never had anyone tell me they love me or have ever felt love so I'm at a total lost" Harry said honestly.