4

Though Harry and Hermione both knew they had to take the egg to the bath, both were quite reluctant to do so since it meant revealing parts of themselves they weren't really ready to show.

"Oh sod this, Hermione, we're both Gryffindors we can't let this stop us, come on" Harry said one night.

Hermione blinked.

Harry left to grab the egg, the Marauder's Map, and his invisibility cloak. When he came back Hermione was waiting for him and looked ready too, she had her book bag on her shoulder.

The couple left under the cloak and made their way to the prefects' bath, they said the password and entered.

"Wow, I can't wait to be a prefect" Hermione said in awe as she took in the whole room.

"Yeah."

They looked around the bath and found that it was probably the most elaborate bath they have ever seen. There were depictions of mermaids practically everywhere in a Romanesque manner. Hermione began to run the water.

"Well, let's get this over with" Harry said nervously.

"R-r-right" Hermione said just as nervous as Harry.

They both turned around and started to undress. Hermione was in a one-piece swimsuit and Harry was in a pair of baggy shorts.

"Harry, don't you have swim trunks?" Hermione asked staring at her boyfriend's attire.

"Um, no, the Dursleys never taught me how" Harry said sheepishly.

Hermione just added this to her list of reasons to punish the Dursleys.

"Alright, let's go" Hermione said, but paused when she saw that Harry was staring at her.

"Harry, is everything alright?" she asked nervously.

Harry didn't hear her as his eyes and mind were trying to memorize every curve of Hermione's developing body. This made Hermione feel a little uncomfortable, but also very happy too.

"Harry, Harry" Hermione said waving her hand in front of her boyfriend's face.

"Huh, what?" Harry said blinking.

"Are you ready to go?" Hermione asked trying to keep the pleased smile off her face.

"Yeah, let's go" Harry said still not totally there.

They walked into the tub and got in.

"Feels nice" Hermione said with a content sigh.

"Yeah."

"Alright, let's try the egg," Hermione said in 'lets get down to business' voice.

Harry nodded and dunked the egg after he did that he opened it up underwater.

"It sounds like voices," Hermione said.

Harry nodded and dunked his head underwater not knowing Hermione did the same.

'Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour – the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.'

Goblet of Fire pg. 463