14

Cornelius Fudge sat in a private room in Three Broomsticks with his assistant Percy and four aurors. They were all very unhappy that they didn't have their wands on them. On the other side were Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Daphne, and Susan. The six teens frisked the four aurors, the Minister and Percy before having them enter the room. The room itself was protected by every kind of listening charm possible.

"So Minister Fudge, what is you want to talk to me about?" Harry asked pleasantly.

Fudge took a deep breath to regain his composure.

"Well Harry, I was wondering if you'd make a statement in the Prophet about me" Fudge said.

"What kind of statement?" Harry asked curiously.

"Oh, you know, telling the public to support me and that I will lead them through whatever crisis that might arise" Fudge said.

"Interesting, but sadly, I'm endorsing Amelia Bones for Minister" Harry said.

Fudge's face went quite red at this.

"What?"

"Yeah, you see I've had many long talks with Amelia and if we are going to beat Voldemort," Fudge, Percy, and the aurors flinched at the name, "then we'll need a Minister not afraid of fighting back."

"Surely Harry, you know that I'll do anything in my power to protect the wizarding world" Fudge said.

"I don't think so, since all you've done was listen to a Death Eater for the past who knows how many years" Harry said.

"What do you mean?" Fudge asked confused.

"Lucius Malfoy" Harry answered.

"I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but I hope we can get beyond that" Fudge said smoothly.

"Sorry, but I can't, since I know who's been lining your pockets with gold for many years. Besides I think it is time for a just Minister" Harry said.

Fudge was now desperate, he knew that if he didn't get Potter on his side he would lose everything that he's worked hard for.

"Surely Harry there is something I can do for you" Fudge said in a smooth politician kind of voice.

"Are you trying to bribe me?" Harry asked quirking a brow.

"I wouldn't call it a bribe Harry, more like a favor" Fudge said smoothly.

Harry turned to look at Hermione.

"What do you think Hermione?" he asked.

"I'm not sure Harry" Hermione said with a frown.

Fudge sat back as he watched the group of teenagers. Something was niggling in the back of his mind as he looked at them. He frowned as he tried to think of what he was forgetting.

Daphne was watching the Minister and smiled.

"I think the Minister is close to figuring it out" the Slytherin said.

That's when it hit them, these were the children of great Ancient and Noble families. His eyes widen and he began to sweat.

"I think he has figured Daph" Neville said chuckling.

"You're the, it can't be, it just can't be" Fudge sputtered.

Percy and the aurors were confused as to why Fudge was now acting so panicky.

"It's true Minister" Harry said smiling.

"But it can't be, never has this ever happened" Fudge said.

"Well Minister, I have a way of doing the impossible" Harry said nonchalantly.