11

Penelope Clearwater was working in one of the many cubicles in the office of the Daily Prophet. She got a job there as soon as she graduated from Hogwarts. She got the position thanks to one of her friend's father who had an inside track. But her position was quite low on the totem pole. She knew that she wouldn't be getting anything that would be considered big, as this was lowly grunge work. Her boyfriend Percy though would keep going on about his job of working so close to the Minister that she got fed up with him and broke up with him just two weeks ago. She now only had her job to keep her busy and that wasn't a great safety net.

"Miss Clearwater?"

Penelope looked up to see one of the editors looking at her.

"Yes sir?" she said.

"Come with me" the editor said.

Penelope followed the editor through the maze of cubicles with everyone one looking out of their mini-prisons to see what was going on. Once Penelope was in the editor's office she sat down praying she won't be fired.

"You have been given a special assignment" the editor said.

Penelope's jaw dropped.

"I have."

"Yes, they specifically asked for you" the editor said.

Penelope was still shocked.

"This new assignment will be long term and you'll be paid a generous wage along with expanse account" the editor said.

"Can I ask who it was?" Penelope asked.

"The new owners of the paper" the editor said gruffly.

Penelope didn't know that the paper was under new management, but already liked whoever was in charge.

"I'll take it" she said.

"They thought you would. Now you are asked to meet here. Here's the address" the editor said handing a slip of parchment.

Penelope took it and read it. She was surprised that the address for a muggle restaurant. Whoever this person was that would meet her was definitely not a pureblood she thought. After the meeting the editor led her to her new office. It was ten times bigger than her cubicle. She moved her stuff immediately and happily planned what she'd add to her office for the rest of the day.

/Scene Break/

Harry and Hermione were sitting in the common room late at night working over their homework.

"So is the meeting all set up for tomorrow?" Harry asked.

"Yup, we're to meet Penelope tomorrow at noon" Hermione said as she looked up from her book.

"Great, I'm glad Dumbledore gave me permission to do this" Harry said.

"Well it is the weekend and besides, I think he's doing everything we can to make-up for all he's done" Hermione said.

"He has a lot to make up for, but this is a good start" Harry said.

Hermione nodded.

"Good, now what are we going to be telling her?" Harry asked.

Hermione pulled out a journal that she carried around with her and began to skim through it. The two planned out how the meeting was going to play out and made sure to plan for every kind of thing that could happen.

/Scene Break/

Penelope was dressed in a muggle business suit as she entered the restaurant. It was more of a upscale restaurant than she was used to, but thanks to the expense account she got with her new position she was able to get something presentable.