17

Luna remained quiet and withdrawn, which clashed with the upcoming holiday break joy everyone else was feeling. Harry promised that he and Hermione would let her stay in Grimmauld Place with Sirius and Remus. She was thankful for this, but asked Harry if she could visit her father and Harry agreed. Soon the holidays came and Harry and Hermione were with their friends settled into a compartment. Luna was cuddled up in Neville's lap and Hermione was sitting in Harry's.

"I really need a boyfriend" Susan grumbled.

Daphne just laughed, which eased the tense in the compartment and everyone else smiled, though Luna's was a very weak one.

The ride back was peaceful, which was a nice change for them. Once they got to the station Harry and Hermione along with Neville helped Luna off. They met the adults and after most of them left Harry, Hermione and Luna left with Sirius to St. Mungo's.

When Luna got to the room that her father was in she broke down. Harry and Hermione had to help her up and move her forward. According to healers, Xeno had been under the Cruciatus curse, but not as long as the Longbottoms, so there was a chance that he could recover. What they didn't know is how fast he would recover and when he did what he'd be like. They had given him the Living Draught to help the healing process.

"Do you want to go now Luna?" Harry asked.

Luna could only nod and Harry wrapped an arm around Luna and pulled her away. Hermione was on the other side and helped Harry get Luna moving. Sirius felt for the little blond who was always so quirky and unpredictable, but now looked like a pale sheet and lifeless.

They left St. Mungo's and got to Grimmauld Place. Where Luna would be staying until further notice. Hermione helped Luna to her room while Harry and Sirius went to the kitchen.

"I want that bitch's head on a pike" Harry snarled.

"I feel the same Harry, but I'm sure Neville will want first dibs" Sirius said as he poured them both a cup of tea.

Harry nodded since he knew that Neville had more of a vendetta against Bellatrix than he did. Still he thought of Luna as his little sister and he didn't like anyone harming his family.

Hermione entered the kitchen looking tired and worn.

"How are you holding up Hermione?" Sirius asked.

"Alright, but this Christmas is not going to be very cheerful" Hermione said sitting down.

"No, but we can't let this destroy our Christmas. That's what he wants and we can't give it to him" Sirius said.

"What are we to do Sirius?" Hermione asked.

"We're going to celebrate Hermione" Sirius said.

"How?" Harry asked.

"Leave that up to me" Sirius said with a smile.

Harry and Hermione didn't like that smile the old marauder was sporting.

/Scene Break/

Late that night Sirius got together with Remus and they began to plan the greatest Christmas ever. They knew that everyone needed this to help uplift their spirits. So they looked into every muggle and magical tradition for Christmas they could find and figure out a way they could implement them.

"Padfoot, I know that we should do this, but don't you think we're going a little overboard?" Remus asked.

"Nonsense Moony, this will be the best Christmas ever" Sirius said.

Remus sighed, he knew that it would take hell and high water to change Sirius' mind. So it was best to go along with it or just get out if the way.

/Scene Break/